(Announcement Number: 17-01)
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Information Assistant.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Information Assistant, FSN – 8; FP-6
OPENING DATE: January 12, 2017
CLOSING DATE: January 26, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
EMPLOYMENT LENGTH: This position is temporary and will not exceed 3 months from hire date.
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under a general supervision of the Information Specialist, the incumbent performs various duties in support of the Embassy’s media programs. The incumbent reviews daily the local press as well as the electronic media news for issues of interest to the Mission, provides assistance in organizing various media events, maintains contacts with media representatives, and monitors daily journalism reports in times of important
events. The incumbent translates news items, speeches and press releases as and when required from English to Nepali and vice versa.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in journalism, mass communication, political science or social sciences is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 3 years of experience in the field of press and media is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
4. KNOWLEDGE: Good knowledge of Nepal’s media, political, economic, social and educational structure is required.
5. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Excellent translation skills are required. The ability to use Windows based computer applications is required. This will be tested.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on website at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents or the application will not be considered.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website at https://np.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs/ or by contacting Human Resources Office at the Embassy.
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. copies of education certificates, transcripts, degrees, awards etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address Recruitktm3@state.gov (write “Application for Information Assistant in the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office G.P.O. Box 295 Kathmandu, Nepal (Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Information Assistant)