- Full Time
- Please check vacancy details.
- Please check vacancy details
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Helen Keller International (HKI)/Nepal, an International non-profit organization (INGO) invites applicants for the two positions below for Inclusive Education in Classes 1-3 for Children Living with Disabilities. HKI seeks applicants who are qualified, energetic and self- motivated Nepalese citizens for the following Kathmandu basedpositions:
Position: Program Manager
- Work as the primary point of contact person and liaise with key partners and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for an effective mechanism for oversight of all aspects of the project
- Responsible for timely management of overall day-to-day project activities
- Manage and supervise the project team, including short and long-term staff sub-partners
- Oversee development of materials, reports and the learning agenda
- Responsible for working with the GoN and partners to implement the proposed activities
- Assist with dissemination of findings from the program to decision-makers and other concerned stakeholders.
- Coordinate and support networking for collaboration with partners, government and another stakeholders.
REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
A minimum of 10 (ten) years of relevant experience in a senior management position in a program of similar magnitude and complexity
- Experience working directly with government counterparts to build capacity of government systems.
- Past technical experience in any of the following areas: disability inclusive education, social inclusion, education, and gender equality.
- Experience mentoring local staff and local organizations and transferring skills and knowledge.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other donor programs and with USAID implementing partners.
- Fluent in English and have excellent writing skills.
Position: Technical Advisor (Capacity Development Specialist)
- The Technical Advisor will work closely with the government on identifying and responding to capacity development needs.
- S/he will be part of the reading for all activity team within Ministry of Education or relevant central line agency.
- Responsible to identify government capacity building needs, work on the capacity development plan, build capacity within the government
- Ensure Reading for All’s activities are supporting the institutional and technical needs of the government.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with government through regular coordination meetings.
REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education Planning and Management, Disability Studies, Public Administration or a relevant field of study.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience of capacity building in disability
- inclusive education, basic education, disability rights, social inclusion, policy advocacy, education policy or other related fields.
- Experience teaching students with disabilities desirable.
- Fluency in English and Nepali is required.
- Demonstrated successful experience working closely with the government.
Interested candidates are eligible to apply.
Submission to: Nepal.email@example.com
- A cover letter
- Updated CV
- Minimum of Three reference contact details (mobile and e-mail), including current employer
Deadline for Submission: COB October 19, 2017
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process.