Organization: PHASE Nepal
PHASE Nepal is a not for profit NGO established in 2006 by a group of development professionals dedicated to supporting poor communities in remote areas of Nepal. For the last 11 years PHASE Nepal has been implementing Health, Education and Livelihoods improvement programs in Humla, Bajura, Mugu, Gorkha and Sindhupalchok districts. Currently, PHASE Nepal’s projects health, education, livelihoods and reconstruction are funded by number of institutional and individual donors from different countries. Currently, PHASE has over 140 staff working for different projects. PHASE Nepal is currently in need of the following staff members.
Position: Project Manager – 2 (Livelihood Improvement)
Duty Station: PHASE Office, Bhaktapur (more than 70% field based)
Basic Salary and Benefits: NRS 64,000 per month (basic starting salary scale) plus 10% provident fund after three months of probation period, one month’s salary as festival bonus after working for a year plus medical and accidental insurance.
Qualification and Experiences: The candidate should have Master’s Degree preferably MSc Ag or other Master’s Degree with basic degrees such as BSc Ag or ISc Ag. They must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in managing livelihood project with demonstrable results. Excellent English and Nepali language and IT skills is essential. Should be able to produce high quality technical as well as narrative reports of the project activities independently.
Responsibilities: The Project Manager will be reporting to the Programme Manager and is responsible for overall management of the project activities including developing DIP, implementation, monitoring and coordinating with relevant stakeholders. S/he will be supervising project staff by staying around 70% of their time in the project areas mentoring staff, networking and conducting trainings. Transport expenses and daily allowance are provided by the organization during field visits.
Research Officer – 1 (initially for 16 months with possibility of extension)
(Please note: you must have previous research experience as a job, not just as a part of academic study)
Duty Station: PHASE Office, Thimi, Bhaktapur (with project site visits to Kathmandu and Sisdol landfill site)
Qualifications: A Bachelors Degree in Public Health or other health related field with some evidence of training in research methods.
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience of working in research related field. Candidates with experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods and familiarity with data analysis software packages will be given higher priority.
Basic Salary and Benefits: NRS 44,970 per month (basic starting salary scale) plus 10% provident fund after three months of probation period, one month’s salary as festival bonus after working for a year plus medical facility and insurance.
Responsibilities: The main purpose of this post is work closely with Principal Investigator, Research Advisors, research coordinator and other project team to conduct research into Environmental and Occupational Health Risk and Health Behavior of Informal Waste Workers in Kathmandu Valley. The post holder will have the following main job responsibilities but may be required to perform other tasks within their capacity as required.
The post holder will have the following main job responsibilities but may be required to perform other tasks within their capacity as required.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
To assist the research team in the following tasks:
- Scoping review of policies and publications related to Environmental and Occupational health risk behavior of Informal Waste Workers.
- Design baseline study tools and pilot these tools for intervention part of the project.
- Conduct baseline study, analyze data and prepare baseline study report.
- Contribute in preparation of research proposal to submit to the Nepal Health Research Council (NHRC) for ethical approval for the research part of the project.
- Write research protocol and develop research tools.
- Train enumerators and pilot tools.
- Data collection and data analysis.
- Compile research reports with findings and recommendations.
- Organize dissemination workshops to inform policy makers about the issue.
- Write at least two academic articles to publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Midterm and End of the project data collection for comparison and for publishing.
- Participate in different forums / conferences to share the research findings.
- Knowledge of research design and implementation.
- Ability to analyze and interpret qualitative and quantitative data.
- Excellent report writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Demonstration of personal drive and self-motivation.
- Proactive and professionally confident.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Candidates with publications and research proposal writing skills will be given higher priority.
Last date to apply: October 15, 2017
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested to apply for above post, please send your CV with application letter to HR department no later than October 15, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Please submit your application letter clearly mentioning the position applied. No telephone inquiries will be entertained and any inappropriate recommendation might automatically disqualify the candidate from further processing. PHASE Nepal respects child rights and strictly follows child protection policy of the organization. We will select on rolling basis till we find a right candidate, therefore, please apply ASAP if you are interested.
PHASE Nepal is an equal opportunities employer and strictly follows the merit based selection. Qualified female candidates or those from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply. PHASE reserves right to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.