Organization: Save the Children
Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share. Save the Children invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates (Nepali Citizens only) who are reliable, accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity for the following position(s) under its Global Fund program:
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund/Prevalence Survey
LOCATION: National Tuberculosis Center (NTC), Bhaktapur
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed-term Grant
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 1 – the post holder will not have contact with children and/or young people, or access to personal data about children or young people, as part of their work; therefore a police check will not be mandatory for this post unless the content of the post changes, in which case the Child Safeguarding level should be reviewed.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invested over 29 million US dollars in 2012 to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, TB and Malaria and Humanitarian crises.
Case notification of all forms of TB has remained stagnant for last 10 years in Nepal. There are no significant changes in CNR even analyzed by region or by eco-terrain. Despite the implementation of various activities for case finding there is no significant changes in CNR. So NTC has planned national TB prevalence survey to know the actual prevalence of TB in Nepal. Understanding the real situation of Tuberculosis by conducting National TB prevalence survey will be very useful for developing policy/plan and strategy of effective NTP in Nepal. For this purpose National TB Prevalence Survey is going to be held under the leadership of NTC Director (Principal Investigator). Global Fund/Save The Children Nepal is one of the major supporting partners in implementing national TB prevalence survey in Nepal.
Under the direct supervision and close collaboration with the Prevalence Survey Specialist (PSS) and close guidance of Prevalence Survey Coordinator, the Radiologist will be overall responsible for the Radiology unit and its functions of PS.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• He/she will be overall responsialbe to ensure the quality of chest x-ray of prevalence survey of clinical diagnosis of TB.
• As the Central Radiology Unit in charge, the incumbent is mainly responsible to carry out central reading, interpretation and validation of all digital chest X-ray images taken in the field X-ray units, transferred to Central Radiology Unit from the Prevalence Survey Field Operation site for confirmatory diagnosis. There will be around 58000 Chest X-ray images that will have to be read and results interpreted during the 12-14 months of field operation for PS.
• He/she will be responsible to develop the radiology related reference documents (manuals, SOPs, training documents) for field operation procedure based on the protocol.
• Provide radiology related trainings for relevant field staffs.
• As a member of clinical panel for the Prevalence Survey, the incumbent will support in clinical decision making for TB cases screening.
• He/she will assure the quality of field X-ray reading.
• Resolve the any issues of prevalence survey related to chest x-ray.
• Perform any other technical tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• MD in Radiology
• Registered in Nepal Medical Council
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 7 years’ of working experience in radiology.
• Experience in reading chest x-ray
• Experience in conducting radiology trainings.
• Experiences in diagnostic processing of Tuberculosis.
• Experience in working in a large scale research settings.
• Sound computing and typing skills.
GSI group include Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People living with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities
Last date to apply: 16 October 2017
HOW TO APPLY
This job announcement was published in Kantipur Dainik on 10 October 2017
- Program Director Job Vacancy in Sahamati , NGO Jobs Vacancy
- Job Vacancy In UMN Okhaldhunga Community Hospital, Job Vacancy For Public Health Unit Supervisor OCH Level,
- Job Vacancy In BLUE SKY GROUP OF COMAPNIES, Job Vacancy For PAINTING SUPERVISOR,
- Job Demand From Malaysia, Job Vacancy For Cook ,
- Job Demand From Turkey,Job Demand For Domestic Worker , Job Vacancy In Peri Insan Kaynaklari Danismanlik Hizmetleri Ltd., Sti Company,