2019 Entrant Status Check
DV-2019 Entrants may enter their confirmation information through the link below starting at noon (EDT) on May 15, 2018. The DV-2019 entry period opened on October 18, 2017, and closed on November 22, 2017. Only confirmation information for entries submitted during this period are valid for checking your status. DV-2019 Entrants should keep their confirmation number until September 30, 2019.
How to Check DV result
1. To check DV 2019 result, click on ‘VIEW DV RESULT’ button below.
2. Click on ‘Check Status’ button.
3. Click on ‘Continue’ at welcome screen.
4. Fill first box with your confirmation number (Example: 20191O0DZWY3DOV9)
5. Fill second box with your last or family name
6. Fill third box with your year of birth
7. Type the authentication code as they appear in the picture, and
8. Click on ‘Submit’ button.
Checking DV result is absolutely free. You don’t have to pay any charges for checking DV result.
What is DV Lottery?
The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program awards up to 50,000 individuals per year a visa for a green card, which bestows permanent residency in the US and is a path to citizenship.
Opponents of immigration complain that the program brings people to the US to compete for jobs, and even supporters of immigration acknowledge the program does not tailor applicants to needs in the US.
Visas are awarded by random selection in select countries to promote immigration from places that don’t otherwise send many immigrants to the US.
Roughly 1 million green cards are issued by the US per year. In 2016, 45,664 diversity visas were issued. The vast majority of green cards are based on family connections, and other categories include employment-based visas and refugees or asylees.