ChoraChori-Nepal rescues trafficked and displaced Nepali children from India. These are mainly adolescent boys who have been in Indian “children’s shelters” or in exploitative labour situations. In future we will shift emphasis towards rescuing trafficked Nepali girls. After child repatriation we provide protection at our refuge facilities in Taukhel where rehabilitation can take place. This deals with a range of physical and medical issues as well as mental health problems such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Post rehabilitation we aim to return children to their families as a prime goal. If this is not possible we provide long term care, including education and training towards self-sufficiency in adult life.
Vacant Position: Clinical Director
Purpose: This is an exciting and challenging leadership appointment for a mature and experienced Nepali national within one of Nepal’s most edgy NGOs.
S/he will be tasked with setting up the new facility and designing service provision, while managing extremes of child trauma.
The Clinical Director will therefore be an experienced psychological therapist, ideally with a good knowledge of the therapeutic use of art and the arts.
S/he will have had several years of experience in managing traumatised and sexually abused children and young people.
The post holder will be responsible for assessing, delivering and evaluating therapeutic interventions for young people, providing specific evidence?based interventions.
The Clinical Director will have strong liaison and advocacy skills and be an excellent networker, ensuring that ChoraChori’s service provision complements that available elsewhere in Nepal.
Terms and location: Full time position with six months probationary period. Based in Taukhel, Godawari, Lalitpur.
Gross Salary: NRs 50,000
Specific areas of responsibility
• To carry out initial assessments of traumatised and/or sexually abused children and young people
• To have – and be able to apply – a clear knowledge of counselling and psychotherapeutic theory and practice with the aim of providing the best possible interventions in all areas of clinical practice. This includes the use of art and the arts.
• Planning and facilitating art activities • Maintaining the therapy rooms, art workshop and equipment
• To maintain the caseload of traumatised children and to apply appropriate trauma interventions during treatment
• To advise and liaise with outside agencies, medical practitioners and other members of the team about mental health needs of the children and their general welfare
• Refer children to other specialists and health professionals where necessary
• To participate in continuing professional development through attending external training and by liaison with other professionals, where appropriate. These will include visiting clinicians from overseas.
• To lead discussion and presentations about counselling/supporting sexually abused and exploited children to staff, students and external agencies
• At least Bachelor’s degree, preferably Masters in psychotherapy or clinical psychology
• At least three years salaried employment in a relevant or similar role working with children
• Ability to respond compassionately to young people in distress and develop their trust
• Maturity, patience and a calm, respectful manner
• Ability to deal with difficult, perhaps painful and embarrassing situations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
• Fxcellent ,artistic abilities, creativiity, imagination and enthusiasm
• Ability to take responsibility for managing own stress and psychological welfare
• Excellent verbal and written skills, including the production of letters and reports in both Nepali and English
Last date to apply: 5th August 2017
HOW TO APPLY
please submit a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Clinical Director” in the SUBJECT line within 5th of August 2017. For more information please refer www.chorachori.org.uk
This job announcement was published in Himalayan Times on 30 July 2017
- Job Vacancy In A Reputed Manpower Company,Job Vacancy For Office Secretory,
- Job Vacancy In NIC ASIA Bank,Job Vacancy For In charge-Corporate Credit (Assistant Manager/Deputy Manager) ,
- Job Demand From Poland, Job Vacancy In Main Partmers Agencja Pracy Tymczasiwej Company,Job Vacancy For Welder, Pipe fitter, Factory Helper, Gardener & Packing Helper ,
- Job Demand From Qatar, Job Vacancy For Steel Fixture, Driver, Carpenter ,
- Job Demand From Jordan, Job Vacancy In Al-Fursan Manpower Supply Company,Job Vacancy For Domestic Worker & Office Secretory ,