NNDSWO (1982) is a network based organization having its district chapters in 74 districts in Nepal. NNDSWO envisions an equitable and prosperous society free from all forms of discrimination, exploitation and poverty where human rights, social justice and dignity of all are equally respected. Its Mission is to ‘eliminate caste-based discrimination and untouchability and empower people for dignified life’. Human rights, governance, education and livelihood are four core thematic programme areas of NNDSWO. Gender equality, conflict transformation, youth empowerment, and advocacy on inclusive DRR are major crosscutting themes. It has successfully managed projects on human rights, governance, education, adolescent empowerment, etc. in all regions of Nepal in partnership with a dozens of inter/national partners/donors.
The consortium of Nepal National Dalit Social Welfare Organization (NNDSWO), Media Advocacy Group (MAG) and Finn Church Aid (FCA) are going to implement SAJHA AAWAZ Project with the main financial support of European Union and co-finance of FCA for three years in five districts of Nepal (i.e. Kalikot, Jajarkot, Surkhet, Mahottari and Siraha). The project aims at creating enabling environment to caste-based discrimination (CBD) affected people to restore their dignity and enjoy rights to non-discrimination. It builds solidarity of wider communities against CBD, and for implementation of laws and policies. It contributes for strengthening democratic institutions at local level. The project also aims to promote partnership at local level for economic empowerment of target groups. Currently, we are seeking competent, committed and dynamic candidates for the following position:
Field Officer – 10 No (Kalikot-2, Jajarkot-2, Surkhet, Mahottari-2 and Siraha-2)
To support management and coordination of project implementation at local level ensuring project activities are leading towards desired results of the project.
- Develop monthly individual plan in line with district action plan and implement activities in a planned manner,
- Document changes in communities and collect qualitative and quantitative data (both manual and digital as per requirement),
- Ensure all activity completion report and financial documentation of the field implementation are produced on time and submitted to district office.
- Work in the field to coordinate for the good performance of Media Officer.
- Develop and maintain strong coordination and good working relationships with local stakeholders
- Represent NNDSWO in related meeting/conference/forums etc. on behalf of organization and project at local level,
- Work proactively taking every opportunity available to improve the situation of Dalits, women and marginalized people in the district with regard to every aspect of human rights;
- Work closely supervision of District Project Coordinator to accomplish project results,
- Support district offices in terms of organizational skills, policies, structures, systems, procedures and good governance practices;
- Develop good coordination and sharing of project with District Board members and other active members at local level;
- Support organization as assigned for achieving organizational objectives and project results.
- Completed Bachelor’s Degree in social science or management disciplines
- Minimum of one years of proven working experience in human rights, community empowerment and livelihood related projects.
- Knowledge of socio-economic and political context project districts
- Understanding on Rights Based Approach, Dalit and gender related governance issues at local level
- Good understanding of governing structures at local level
- Advocacy and campaign skills
- Report writing and caste story writing skills
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Knowledge of participatory approach
- Able to use computer and run office application
- Local language skill will be added advantages
- Previous experience on digital data collection will be counted.
Applicants are requested to send their updated CV and a motivation letter by 10th December 2017. Please send your application via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the position and district you are interested in the subject field of your e-mail.
We promote gender equality and social inclusion in terms of caste and ethnic diversity in staffing. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for further test. Telephone enquiry will not be entertained.