Intern – Program
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund
LOCATION: County Office, Save the Children
CONTRACT LENGTH: 6 months
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
Intern – Program will support the Global Fund program/technical team at the country office for the overall implementation and documentation of HIV, TB and Malaria grants. S/he will closely work with other team members to ensure that the required program support is provided as and when required.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Assist in organizing meetings, trainings, workshops and taking notes.
- Support the country office program team in program planning and implementation including development of training plan, capacity development plan etc.
- Collect, compile and produce case studies and success stories on HIV, TB and Malaria program
- Support and contribute to the development and production of documents and written materials relating to the programme such as programme reports, concept papers, terms of references (TORs), meeting reports, IEC materials etc.
- Communicate/follow-up with Sub-recipients (SRs) and Government Service Delivery Points (SDPs) as per the need.
- Support program team in preparatory works and follow-up related to consultancies and recruitment.
- Support program team in drafting official correspondence from Save the Children to SRs and SDPs.
- Undertake other functions as requested by the Program Team
- Supporting Save the Children dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in Emergency preparedness and response for children
- Prepare the inventory of IEC materials and dispatch IEC materials to the SDPs as per the request of program teams.
- Collect updated training manuals, Guidelines, SOPs for all three diseases produced by WHO, UNAIDS, Global Fund and prepare an electronic folder of these materials
- Support logistic team in updating inventory, update bin cards and stock cards, generation of way bill and documentation of logistics and procurement related documents.
- Follow up with Courier about the status of delivery of logistic items to the SDPs.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Health (preferred) or any other disciplines
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Basic knowledge on Public Health including HIV, TB and Malaria
- Report writing and documentation skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English
How To Apply
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW