Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invites applications from suitable and qualified professional for the Energising Development (EnDev) Program. EnDev is a global multi donor programme for energy access. In Nepal, it is implemented under the guidance of the Ministry of Energy, NEA and AEPC. It has activities in the field of grid extension, densification, micro hydropower and productive use of energy.
Position: Programme Assistant
Duty Station: Kathmandu
• Assist advisors of grid and Micro Hydro Debt Fund (MHDF) component in implementing the activities and program planning
• Assist in conducting technical monitoring of densification activities, MHDF implementation and grid extension of EnDev Nepal
• Coordinate with the team, partners and stakeholders in order to execute densification in grid extension and MHDF component successfully, including timely preparation of work plans, targets and budget
• Follow up with utilities in ensuring good practices in operation
• To maintain a good flow of communication and information between all involved partners and counterparts and GIZ
Required qualification and experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Civil Engineering, Economics, Social Science or relevant degree
• Relevant working experience is preferred
• Knowledge about rural energy technologies, energy access and energy policy
• Knowledge and experience in monitoring and evaluation
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Good interpersonal skill (Team Player) with ability to work in a diverse team
• Openness to change and ability to deal with complex situations and challenges.
• Willingness to do frequent field visits
• Excellent communication in English and Nepali (both verbal and written)
• Excellent computer skills in MS office
The salary and social benefits will correspond to the rule applicable to GIZ national personnel in Nepal. Especially women and candidates from underprivileged castes and ethnic groups are encouraged to apply.
Last date to apply: 30 May 2018
HOW TO APPLY
Interested Nepali citizens are requested to send a complete application including CV, two referees to the email address < email@example.com >by 30.05.2018. Only applications sent by email will be accepted. Please write in the subject line while applying by position: for “Ref. Nr. 18008 – Programme Assistant.”
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. No telephone inquiries will be entertained. The organization reserves the right to cancel or postpone the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
This job announcement was published in Himalayan Times on 16 May 2018