Title: Administrative Associate
Programme: Strategic Cooperation Unit (SCU)
The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) is a regional intergovernmental learning and knowledge sharing centre serving the eight regional member countries of the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. Working in partnership with regional and international organizations, ICIMOD aims to influence policy and practices to meet environmental and livelihood challenges emerging in the HKH. ICIMOD provides a platform for researchers, practitioners, and policy makers from the region and around the globe to generate and share knowledge, support evidence-based decision making, and encourage regional cooperation. ICIMOD delivers impact through its six Regional Programmes: 1) Adaptation and Resilience Building, 2) Transboundary Landscapes, 3) River Basins and Cryosphere, 4) Atmosphere, 5) Mountain Environment Regional Information System, and 6) Mountain Knowledge and Action Networks. These regional programmes are supported by four Thematic Areas of Livelihoods, Ecosystem Services, Water and Air, and Geospatial Solutions, and underpinned by Knowledge Management and Communication. ICIMOD seeks to reduce poverty and vulnerability and improve the lives and livelihoods of mountain women and men, now and in the future.
The Administrative Associate at ICIMOD provides administrative/secretarial support to the Director of Strategic Cooperation (DSC) and the Strategic Cooperation Unit (SCU). This position requires confidence, commitment, proactivity, independence, and ability to meet deadlines.
Responsibilities and tasks
Under the direct supervision of the DSC, the Admin Associate shall perform the following duties:
• Assist the DSC in the smooth functioning of the respective office in close collaboration with other Associates in the Directorate.
• Maintain all policy and confidential documents properly; facilitate partnership management and communication flow; assist in the preparation of documents for meetings, follow up with partners, draft agendas, etc.
• Support the SCU by maintaining the Partnership Database, including the partner agreements, and update on the Intranet; provide administrative support where needed.
• Carry out public relations duties, including organizing visits for representatives of other organizations, government officials, diplomats, donors and partners, while ensuring that related documents are made available.
• Ensure that the DSC, SCU, and partner-related events on the calendar are up-to-date.
• Extend administrative and logistical support to the DSC and the SCU as required.
• Apprise the DSC of important issues that need his attention and action; arrange/reschedule appointments/meetings both internal and external for the DSC and maintain his calendar.
• Prepare briefing materials for the DSC for use during official trips or for special meetings.
• Maintain an effective filing system; keep confidential policy papers, project proposals, files, and general management files in proper order.
• Receive, screen, and route correspondence (some of which are highly confidential); attach necessary background information and maintain an efficient follow-up system; maintain a tracking system of correspondence and communication, both incoming and outgoing.
• Draft correspondence independently and ensure that necessary background information is enclosed; follow up on important documents and other related materials sent to various people/organizations.
• Maintain a list of addresses of partners, ministries, donors, government officials, and diplomatic corps.
• Maintain an electronic calendar of all meeting requests and ensure proper allocation of meeting rooms; prepare a monthly statement of expenses for submission to the Budget and Finance Section.
• Participate in the organization and preparation of Partnerships Meetings and other special meetings and take minutes as and when required; organize the Units’ meetings regularly, take minutes, and follow up on action points.
• Liaise with the travel section and event organizer regarding logistical and travel arrangements of the DSC, SCU members, and participants of various meetings/workshops.
• Perform other duties as required by the DSC and SCU
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred; additional education or experience related to social and environmental sciences and natural resource management will be an asset.
• At least two years of work experience in an administrative capacity.
• Experience in financial reporting and maintenance of accounts.
• Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English and Nepali.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications).
• Teamwork and cooperation: Ability to work smoothly and effectively with others in the team to establish constructive ideas or solutions that meet team objectives.
• Result orientation: Ability to proactively approach the smooth organization of internal processes; ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative, discipline, and self-motivation.
• Cross cultural impact: Respectful of and able to adjust to cultural differences and accurately understand cultural differences.
• Analytical thinking: Seeks out information and researches to understand problems and uses appropriate data to support decisions.
• Continuous improvement and innovation: Continually improves work processes and questions status quo practices/traditions and assumptions.
• Self-development: Demonstrates a continuous learning attitude and finds out about possibilities for personal development.
• Developing others: To facilitate effective operational results and compliance.
The duty station is Kathmandu.
One year, of which the first three months are probationary, with the possibility of an extension subject to ICIMOD’s future funding levels and performance.
As early as possible.
Salaries and benefits at ICIMOD are competitive compared to other regional organizations; remuneration is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Gender and Equity Policy
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. ICIMOD implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women. It operates a Day-Care Centre at the campus and is committed to gender mainstreaming at the organisational and programmatic levels.
Last date to apply: 30 Jan 2018
HOW TO APPLY
- Kuwait Job Demand For Waiter, Waitress, Hostess and Others, Gulf Job Demand Kuwait
- NGO Jobs in Social Welfare Association of Nepal, Latest NGO Job Vacancy in Humla District
- Phase Nepal Jobs, Salary upto 35,0000 Per Month
- Job Demand From Qatar, Job Vacancy For Painter, Electrician, Driver,Job Vacancy In Brands Contracting and Engineering Services WLL Company,
- Job Vacancy For +2pass,Job Vacancy In Transport Incharge ,