- Agriculture + Livestock
- 1+ years
- Post Graduate / Masters in related field.
Detailed Job Description / Requirements
Terms of Reference- (ToR)
Livestock Coordinator (LC)
Position: Livestock Coordinator (LC)
Duty station: PMO, Butwal
Mode of contract:
There will be an initial contract for one year with a probation period of three months. The annual contract will be extendable up to the Programme period based on the satisfactory performance in the preceding contract.
Roles and Purpose of the Assignment:
The Livestock Coordinator will assume responsibility for the Improvement of SmallholderLivestock Component, under the direct supervision of the Program Manager. The position will be based within PMO at Butwal, Rupandehi. S/he will in turn supervise the activities of thedairy and goat development sectors. Overall, the responsibilities of the LC will focus on the planning, organizing, implementation and evaluation of activities arising from the component, his/ her tasks will include:
- Prepare the annual work /activity plan based on the objective that should be implementable and achievable. Ensure that every task should be completed within a time framework
- Prepare regular progress reports, indicating the achievement of work plan targets and corresponding
- Supervise the activities of Dairy and Goat Specialists, Goat and Dairy Assistant, and ensuring their adequate performance against targets
- Facilitate and coordination in the procurement of livestock related goods and services like forage seeds, boer bucks, vehicles and equipment
- Responsibility to run the goat breeding program and dairy development activities as per expectation of project in effective way
- Due attention should be pay for thestrengthening of DLSO and capacity of staff including in the area of FFS
- Establishment of linkage among the stakeholders like NARC, NLBC, DLS, MoAD, RDLS , district office & have capacity to manage the things in proper way
- Supervise the selection and establishment process for livestock markets, including preparation of market management procedures and guidelines, negotiations with VDCs, DDCs, Municipalities and/or FNCCI, as appropriate, for their management, and oversight of market construction
- In collaboration with the Finance, component personal and program specialist, finalize the ToR under which component CGS will be selected and approved, the insertion of announcements in relevant newspapers and electronic media, the initial review of proposals
- Ensure the production & dissemination of dairy & goat production related manuals & videos for training of farmers & DLS staff
- Participate in annual or other periodic meeting with beneficiaries & other program stakeholders at district program- area and national level in collaboration with the Program Manager & other sectoral staff
- Ensure that livestock component staff, implementation partners & beneficiary organisations achieve equitable participation by women and disadvantaged groups & reflect GESI objectives in their annual work plans, budget & reporting
Required Qualifications and Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in Animal/ Veterinary Science preferably with Animal Nutrition/ Animal Breeding/ and a minimum of 10 years of experience after graduation in livestock development program and additional advantage for higher degree & qualification.
- The candidate will be competent in communications, computer planning & reporting in the English language. S/he should be mentally and physically fit & willing to spend his/her considerable time in the program field area. The person recruited to this post must guarantee that they will remain in the post for a minimum of two years, unless asked to resign by the PSC and must be able and willing to take up residence in the PMO location.
Benefits and Remuneration:
The salary of the Livestock Coordinator, per person per month, will range from NRs. 1,40,000.00 to NRs. 1,60,000.00 subject to be negotiable within this range, and to be finally decided by the Program Manager, ISFP. Tax on the salary will be as per the government Income Tax Rule.
The Livestock Coordinator will get travel, daily allowances and hotel expenses during their field visits as per the GoN rule, as applied.
The Livestock Coordinator will be provided 18 days of home leave and 6 days of casual leave annually, which will not be carried on for next year. They will also be provided 12 days of sick leave per year, but will not be carried on for the next year if not spent.In addition the technical experts will also be provided with Mourning Leave – 15 days, Maternity Leave -2 months for women (15 days for men, for maternity care leave) and all public holidays.
Supervision of the experts and Administrative Control:
The Livestock Coordinator will be administratively (approval of leave, travel and evaluation of performance etc.) and technically accountable and under the direct supervision of Program Manager or designated personnel of the PMO.
Applicants are requested to apply through Electronic Recruitment System (ERA) www.rollingplans.com.np/KUBK by June 17, 2018 (Sunday) before 17:00 hrs.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for participation in the recruitment process.