Consultancy Assignment for Permanent Housing
Proposal Submission Deadline: 10 December, 2017
Send Proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms of Reference (ToR)
Hiring a consultant for Permanent housing
After the two major earthquakes of April and May and subsequent destruction of nearly 700,000 houses, Oxfam in Nepal had been actively working in response and recovery in 7 of the 14 affected districts. Now transitioning to reconstruction, and in line with current needs, Oxfam has allocated resources into construction of infrastructures and gearing towards rebuilding of at least 500 house units across 5 districts namely Sindhupalachok, Lalitpur, Dhading, Gorkha and Nuwakot under its shelter programme. Oxfam is supporting displaced communities to relocate in new locations by rebuilding house in close coordination with government agencies and local stakeholders.
For this purpose, Oxfam is seeking proposals from an organization to provide technical supervision in given locations of Nuwakot, Dhading and Sindhupalchok districts to construct 118 permanent houses.
Objectives of the Assignment
- To provide technical support in permanent housing construction in given locations of Nuwakot, Sindhupalchok and Dhading districts following earthquake resistant building construction technology.
- To ensure the construction is in line with minimum standard set by government of Nepal.
- To ensure the quality of construction materials and workmanship in the construction and also maintain the stock report of the materials.
Scope of Services and Tasks and Activities to be completed
The consultancy firm shall be involving in each and every stage of permanent housing construction from detail design, estimate to until handover of completion certificate to the beneficiary in given location of Dhading, Nuwakot and Sindhupalchowk.
- Prepare the detail implementation plan for the implementation of permanent housing construction.
- Drawing and detail estimate/BOQ for the permanent housing.
- Carryout the layout of the construction work as per the drawing and specifications.
2.Scheduling of work:
- Create, assign and prioritise tasks in real time.
- Immediately push work plan and schedule to all workers
- Track the daily progress of construction work
- Identify, track and locate construction materials and tools & equipment across the entire supply chain, store (record keeping) and work front.
- Provide real time status updates of total crew and workforce deployed across work fronts, number of active working hours.
- Carryout the monitoring/supervision of the construction work as per the drawing and specifications and test the quality of materials if required.
- Monitor progress & performance and carryout training to workforce for quality delivery.
- Maintain proper documentation for reviewing, editing and recording all decisions.
7.Consultation and Coordination:
- Consultation and coordination with the construction committee, partner staffs and other concerned stakeholder related to permanent housing.
Consultation and coordination
Coordinate and consult with Community Reconstruction Committee, partner staff and concern stakeholder
Inception meetings with Oxfam , partner staff and reconstruction committee of 3 sites of 3 districts
Prepare Auto CAD drawing, modification of design as pre site requirement, detail estimate/BOQ
Preparation of Auto Cad working drawing of approved design. Modification drawing preparation as per site requirement of 3 different sites of 3 districts
Working drawings two weeks, modification drawings when needed
Implementation of Construction works
Prepare detail implementation plan, material management and scheduling of work.
Implantation plans and work schedules of 3 sites of 3 districts, material management plans of 3 districts,
Construction work supervision of 3 districts
Implementation plan and work scheduling in 2 weeks , implmetation of construction works 3 months
Monitoring / supervision
Monitoring /supervision of construction work for the quality delivery of work as per design and specification/norms.
Preparation of 3 monitoring and supervision plans, quality assurance plan and prepare specification and norms.
Documentation & Reporting
A work report on various deliverables assigned by Oxfam
3 Separate documents for 3 districts
Reporting Line Manager
The consultancy firm will work under the direct supervision of District Oxfam shelter Officers of the respective districts (Dhading, Nuwakot and Sindhupalchowk) and will be reporting directly to them.
Duration: Start date and completion date
The assignment is expected to start from Second week of December 2017 till end of March 2018 (3months and 15days)
Detail Budget breakdown
Lead Engineer (Bachelor in Engineering with min 3 years of experience in similar work)
Supervisor (Overseer with min. 3 years of experience in similar work)
Miscellaneous / Stationaries
Terms of Payment
The last instalment will be paid upon the submission of assignment as per this Terms of reference with full satisfaction evaluated by hiring manager.
Documents for submission
- Technical and Financial proposal with the updated CVs of lead Consultants
- VAT registration certificate
- Tax clearance certificate of FY 2073-74
- Company registration certificate
Confidentiality / Non-disclosure
All material issued in connection with this ToR shall remain the property of Oxfam and shall be used only for the purpose of this procurement exercise. All information provided shall be either returned to Oxfam or securely destroyed by unsuccessful applicants at the conclusion of the procurement exercise.
During the performance of the assignment or at any time after expiry or termination of the Agreement, the Consultant shall not disclose to any person or otherwise make use of any confidential information which s/he has obtained or may in the course of this agreement relating to partner organization/Oxfam, the respondents or otherwise.
The consultant will be required to sign a non disclosure / confidentiality agreement as part of their undertaking of this work.
Intellectual property, Copyright, and Ownership of all prepared information
The Consultant shall retain all rights to pre-existing (background) intellectual property or materials used by the Consultant in the delivery of this study. All arising intellectual property, ideas, materials, processes or processes formed in contemplation, course of, or as result of this study shall be passed to Oxfam without restriction.
The Consult shall warrant that all arising Intellectual Property, materials and/or products produced in pursuit of this study shall be original, and shall not infringe on any third party’s claim. All technical or business information, in whatever medium or format, originated, collated or prepared by or for the Consultant in contemplation, course of, or as result of this assignment shall be transferred to Oxfam without restriction on completion and shall not be used by the Consultant for any other purpose without express written permission of Oxfam’s Head of Programme Funding.
Copyright of all arising documents, data, information or reports produced by the Consultant under this agreement shall belong to Oxfam and will be passed to Oxfam without restriction. Such documents, data, information and reports shall not be used by the Consultant for any other purpose other than in conjunction with this assignment, without the express written permission of Oxfam’s Head of Programme Funding.
The Consulting VAT Registered Individual/Firm should submit a proposal to Oxfam by 10th December 2017 via mail to email@example.com, clearly mentioning the title of assignment in their email subject line.