The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal (GWT-N) invites application from suitably qualified applicants for the post of 2 x Senior Doctor Positions to work in providing and managing the medical services delivered in our Area Welfare Centre (AWC) Damak. We have opportunities for two different roles within the organisation as outlined below.
Are you interested in joining an exciting organisation dedicated to delivering high quality welfare and medical support to elderly pensioners across Nepal? Do you want to make a difference and contribute to developing healthcare in Nepal? We need both male and female applicants.
- Must have qualified as a Medical Doctor (MBBS)
- Must be registered with Nepal Medical Council (NMC)
- Additional Post Graduate qualifications are desirable (MD in GP or Internal Medicine)
- Must have good commands of both spoken and written English
- Must be computer literate
- Must be Nepali citizen
REQUIRED BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of five years of work experience with Govt/ Private hospitals/ Health Posts/centers.
- Experience in working in remote areas with Government/ international organization preferable.
- Experience in coaching, teaching, mentoring and managing of clinical staff is highly desirable
- Experience in working/consulting elderly patients and chronic diseases desirable
1) Regional Dr to be based in Damak): Your role will be to be the clinical manager for the Senior GPs, HAs and CMAs working in that region usually spread over 4 or 5 locations in that area. You will be expected to travel regularly for may be a week at a time to these locations once a quarter and deliver face to face consults with pensioners unable to travel easily to the city and also to train and monitor the clinical teams located in the welfare centre. You will be expected to support the teams in your region by frequent phone call consultations and advice. You will have the opportunity to maintain clinical skills with regularface to face consulting in the city welfare centre.
2) GP (to be based in Damak): Your role will be to deliver regular primary care consultations to the pensioners living in the Area of Responsibility of AWC Damak. Seeing around 30 to 35 patients a day, five days a week and leading and teaching the clinic team working alongside you. The clinical challenges will be mainly concerning the older population of retired ex-servicemen, focusing mainly on chronic non communicable diseases. You will work mainly in the area welfare Damak amak but from time to time shall visit patients in their homes as necessary.
Competitive Salaries. One month pay as Dashain Bonus and Medical Cover as per GWS Staff Regulations. The job is offered for 2 years initially and may be extended to one year. The interview will be conducted in English.
How To Apply
Applications, clearly stating the job or jobs that you are applying for with Curriculum Vitae, recent passport size photo, copy of citizenship and any other relevant certificates should be sent to the Deputy Field Director, The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal, British Gurkhas Pokhara, P.O. Box 50, Tallo Dip, Pokhara; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application submission deadline is 28 March 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No telephone calls will be entertained. Those who have applied previously need NOT re-apply.
The Gurkha Welfare Scheme is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from all.
This vacancy announcement was publishes on Kantipur Daily, March 31, 2013.