The State University of New York’s Center for International Development (SUNY/CID) is one of the preeminent leaders in the field of democracy and governance with more than 30 years of experience managing more than $300 million dollars in funded projects.
SUNY/CID is seeking qualified candidates for a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position for an upcoming USAID-funded Local Governance/Support to Federalization program in Nepal. The activity will focus on local governance, decentralization, service delivery, public financial management (PFM) and citizen participation at the sub-national level. Successful candidates will have demonstrated expertise managing donor-funded projects and technical expertise in decentralization, public financial management, local governance and/or service delivery.
This position is contingent upon funding.
The DCOP will provide technical leadership on the project and fulfill COP responsibilities during his/her absence. The DCOP will also assist with management and administration of the project, including supervision of designated professional and administrative staff.
- Provide overall leadership, management, and technical direction of the project;
- In the absence of the Chief of Party, serve as SUNY/CID’s representative in Nepal and as a key liaison between USAID, government counterparts, and local partners;
- Oversee and manage project implementation and day-to-day operations;
- Supervise all project personnel, consultants, and other personnel as assigned;
- Prepare project reports, work plans, budgets, and any other contract deliverables;
- Provide overall strategic guidance, and ensure quality of product and deliverables;
- Oversee project’s financial management and compliance with USAID and SUNY/CID policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in law, political science, public administration, or another relevant field required.Advance degree preferred;
- Significant experience managing and implementing donor-funded governance projects in Nepal. Experience managing USAID-funded projects preferred;
- Thorough understanding of Nepal’sconstitutional and political landscape, as well as the socio-economic context;
- Proven track record working with governmental and non-governmental agencies in Nepal, as well as other donors and implementing partners;
- Excellent diplomatic skills and ability to work effectively with high-level officials;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing professional and administrative staff; and
- Fluency in English and Nepali language is required.
Please send a resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
by February 11, 2018. Please include “Deputy Chief of Party – Nepal” in the subject line of your transmission. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Kuwait Job Demand For Waiter, Waitress, Hostess and Others, Gulf Job Demand Kuwait
- NGO Jobs in Social Welfare Association of Nepal, Latest NGO Job Vacancy in Humla District
- Phase Nepal Jobs, Salary upto 35,0000 Per Month
- Job Demand From Qatar, Job Vacancy For Painter, Electrician, Driver,Job Vacancy In Brands Contracting and Engineering Services WLL Company,
- Job Vacancy For +2pass,Job Vacancy In Transport Incharge ,