Organization: U.S. Embassy in Kathmandu
The U.S. Mission in Kathmandu, Nepal is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Storekeeper (Expendable Supply). This vacancy is open to Internal Applicants only. The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Position Title: Mail Clerk
Series/Grade: LE – 0130 5
Promotion Potential: LE-5
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Kathmandu, NP
The incumbent serves as Mail Clerk with responsibility for Unclassified Pouch, Local Mail, FedEx and Diplomatic Post Office (DPO) operations that serve the Mission. The incumbent receives and dispatches all pouch and DPO mail. The incumbent works with the Regional Security Office (RSO) to ensure that all security screening procedures are followed. The incumbent manages the electronic work order queue for customers’ requests. The incumbent provides back-up telephone and reception support as needed.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of two years of general clerical experience is required.
- Successful Completion of Secondary School is required.
LANGUAGE: Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English is required. Level III (Good working knowledge) speaking/reading/writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Ability to operate a motor vehicle is required. Valid Class B local driver’s license is required. Basic proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite is required. Ability to lift 70 lbs regularly and up to 100 lbs occasionally is required.
KNOWLEDGE: Good knowledge of local traffic laws and layout of the city of Kathmandu is required.
All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications and complete a mandatory probationary period of one year for LE Staff.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs. The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.
Benefits and Other Info
Agency Benefits: Benefits will be explained during job offer.
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
(2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP and CS in LWOP **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS in LWOP status with re-employment or reinstatement rights back to their agency or bureau.
What is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc? https://careers.state.gov/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/VA-Definitions-and-Additional-Employment-Considerations.pdf
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. The Mission may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
2. Current employees of the Mission who have not successfully completed their initial probationary periods are not eligible to apply. Current employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory or MBC score of 100 points or less, on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees of the Mission hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment. This does not apply for employees on a PSA (Temp), or those are hired on a When Actually Employed (WAE) or intermittent work schedule.
Last date to apply: 19 October 2018