People in Need (PIN) is an international non-governmental organization with headquarters in Prague, Czech Republic. In its 25 years of history, PIN has worked in over 40 countries in relief, development and human rights and democracy support projects. People in Need is a member of the Alliance 2015 – European NGO Network. For more information please visit www.peopleinneed.cz. After the earthquake in Nepal in April 2015, PIN joined the emergency response to support the most affected communities in Nepal.
Leave No One Behind (LNOB) Vulnerable Housing project is a DFID funded project that will be managed by PIN as leading agency in coordination with local partner PHASE, Nepal and engineering consultants, Scott Wilson Nepal (SWN). PIN and its consortium partners propose to implement a community driven reconstruction program that will address and mitigate those barriers to reconstruction by offering tailored socio-technical assistance at a household and community level. The assistance will vary from access to technical consultations by engineer, builder trainers and on-the-job trainings, to provision of skilled masons and carpenters, construction tools or material and transportation cost subsidization in remote areas and access to labor pool through community reconstruction groups (CRG) based on ‘alo-palo’ system.
PIN currently invites applicants for the position of: Field Coordinator
Position Opening: 1
Programme/Department: Leave No One Behind Housing Project
Reporting to: Program Manager
Duration: 15 July 2018 – 31 May 2019
Place of assignment: TBC
Starting date: 15 July 2018
Field Coordinator is PIN’s field focal person under LNOB project. He/she provides regular feedback to PIN’s Program Manager on all social aspects of the project works. He/she coordinates with the project’s local partner and technical team on Ward level within the assigned Gaupalika, assisting them with set up and implementation of project activities as per the project guidelines. He/She will ensure smooth progression of project activities with respect to time, quality and budget.
- a) Coordination
- Coordinate, consolidate and ensure smooth implementation of program activities according to project design together with the social (Phase, Nepal) and technical (SWN) partners
- Liaise with Ward and Gaupalika Authorities, NRA, District Coordination Committee (DCC) and other major stakeholders in facilitating smooth operations of project activities
- Coordinate with PIN’s other departments as required, identifying synergies and ensuring efficient use of available resources.
- b) Support, Monitoring and Team Management
- Manage PIN support staffs in overseeing effective planning and execution of program activities
- Undertake monitoring of project activities with due diligence and ensure its acceptable progression with respect to time, quality and budget
- Ensure PIN’s guidelines are adhered to by PIN staffs and that PIN is represented fairly and professionally at all times
- Establish conducive work relationship amongst PIN, local partners, major stakeholders and beneficiaries for smooth progression of project activities
- Identify gaps and potential risks in project delivery by paying frequent visits to the construction sites, actively seeking creative and effective solutions.
- c) Communication
- Represent PIN as field focal person and lead communication within the consortium, local and central authorities and other agencies within the areas of operation
- Provide weekly updates on field activities progress and compile field level reports for future records
- Communicate closely and frequently with the Program Manager, offering a constructive feedback based on regular monitoring of the field sites.
- Communicate any constraints and problems faced in the field to line manager without delay
- d) Logistics
- Follow up on the supply chain of construction materials as per agreed project plan and work closely with field logistician in managing stocks at field sites
- e) Security
- Assess security and safety situation impartially and make informed risk assessments while in the field
- f) Other
- Any other responsibilities that the Program Manager and Field Coordinator mutually agree to undertake that will encourage better development of project activities
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Rural development or other related Social science with at least 3 years work experience in shelter or housing construction projects
- Previous experience of working in a consortium project/s
- Ability to work independently or in a group
- Highly motivated and committed
- Willingness to conduct frequent field trips and monitoring activities in rural and remote areas
- Previous experience of working with local and central government authorities
- Organizational and negotiations skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficiency with MS Office and MS Excel
- Responsible and independent position
- Competitive salary according to PIN scale
- Work in an international team
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter including two reference contacts from last two employments and telephone contact by email to email@example.com by 06 July 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted immediately.
PIN promotes equal opportunities. Women, Janajati and Dalit candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.