The International Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD) is a regional intergovernmental learning and knowledge sharing centre serving the eight regional member countries of the Hindu Kush Himalaya (HKH) – Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, India, Myanmar, Nepal, and Pakistan. Working in partnership with regional and international organizations, ICIMOD aims to influence policy and practices to meet environmental and livelihood challenges emerging in the HKH. ICIMOD provides a platform for researchers, practitioners, and policy makers from the region and around the globe to generate and share knowledge, support evidence-based decision making, and encourage regional cooperation. ICIMOD delivers impact through its six Regional Programmes: 1) Adaptation and Resilience Building, 2) Transboundary Landscapes, 3) River Basins and Cryosphere, 4) Atmosphere, 5) Mountain Environment Regional Information System, and 6) Mountain Knowledge and Action Networks. These regional programmes are supported by four Thematic Areas of Livelihoods, Ecosystem Services, Water and Air, and Geospatial Solutions, and underpinned by Knowledge Management and Communication. ICIMOD seeks to reduce poverty and vulnerability and improve the lives and livelihoods of mountain women and men, now and in the future.
The Thematic areas, Regional Programmes and initiatives are supported by Programme Associates, who provide overall administrative and logistic support to ensure the smooth functioning of the unit.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, in close cooperation with the initiative team and under the overall guidance of the Regional Programme Manager, the Programme Associate will be responsible for the following:
- Manage general administration for the programme/theme
- Provide administrative support to ensure the smooth operation of the initiative/regional programme, including the preparation of a work calendar, contractual agreements, and annual plan and progress reports.
- Receive guests and visitors of the programme and theme.
- Ensure availability/functioning of required stationery and equipment.
- Support in organizing national/international travels and events
- Prepare the annual event calendar and related budgets; liaise with other relevant administrative sections for event organization and management.
- Prepare participants’ lists, dispatch invitations, and manage follow-up communication.
- Arrange travel and vehicles as required and manage travel claim distribution.
- Arrange other logistical requirements for event, including travel/hotel/vehicle requirements, stationery, and other equipment.
- Coordinate finance and administration
- Ensure the completion of financial reports against the standard checklist.
- Monitor project budget utilization and payments, and liaise with the Finance Unit for timely release of payments.
- Support knowledge management and communication
- Assist team members in typing, formatting, and printing reports and documents.
- Manage the unit’s information management system, including proper filing of documents.
- Prepare submissions for the web and newsletter as required.
- Maintain an updated contact list and communicate with external parties as required.
- Execute other tasks given by the Regional Programme Manager/Programme Coordinator as required and within one’s capacity.
- Work in close collaboration with the Programme Officer to ensure smooth operation of the initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred. An advanced degree or experience related to social and environmental sciences and natural resource management will be an asset.
- At least two years of work experience in an administrative capacity.
- Experience in financial reporting and maintenance of accounts.
- Strong interest to work in administration in the environment and development sector.
- Demonstrated ability to speak and write fluently in English and Nepali languages.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Office applications).
- Teamwork and cooperation: Ability to work smoothly and effectively with others in the team to establish constructive ideas or solutions that meet team objectives
- Result orientation: Ability to proactively approach the smooth organisation of internal processes; ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative, discipline, and self-motivation
- Cross cultural impact: Respective and adjust to cultural differences; accurately understands cultural differences.
- Networking, stakeholder management: Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders through telephone, email, and face-to-face interactions regarding operational issues and queries; maintain effective working relations. Able to handle difficult conversations in a professional matter.
- Behavioural flexibility and managing change: Able to easily adapt to new situations and changes at work and to adopt a positive approach to change
- Self-development: Able to demonstrate a continuous learning attitude; asks for feedback on his or her performance
- Continuous improvement & innovation:Easily implements new technologies and approaches when necessary; continually improves work processes and questions status quo practices/traditions and assumptions
One year, of which the first three months are probationary, with the possibility of an extension subject to ICIMOD’s future funding levels and performance.
As early as possible.
Salaries and benefits of ICIMOD are competitive compared to other regional organizations; remuneration is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Gender and Equity Policy
Qualified and eligible women candidates and those from disadvantaged backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. ICIMOD implements a gender fair policy and is supportive of working women. It operates a day-care centre at the campus and is committed to gender mainstreaming at the organizational and programmatic levels.
Methods of application
Applicants are requested to apply online before 15th December, 2017 through ICIMOD’s Online Application System.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Job Vacancy In Connecticco Delivery Services LLC, , Job Vacancy For Pizza Delivery Boy, Job Demand From UAE,
- Job Vacancy In SKILL FORCE SECURITY SERVICES LCC, Job Vacancy For Security Guard, Job Demand From UAE,
- Job Vacancy In Radisson Blu Hotel, Job Vacancy For Waiter, Job Demand From Qatar,
- Job Demand From UAE, Job Vacancy For Male Security Guard , Job Vacancy In Middle East ,
- Job Demand From Kuwait, Job Vacancy For Electrical Engineer, Job Vacancy In HAMAD AL-MUTAWA FACTORY,