Hardware Technician – Job Description
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in any stream, preferably computer science
- 4+ Years of experience as a Hardware technician.
- Experience with various flavors of Linux: Installation and configuration of OS, drivers, utilities, and applications. Network and storage setup and configuration.
- Experience with Windows: Installation and configuration of OS, drivers, utilities, and applications.
- Network and storage setup and configuration.
- Experience in setting up peripheral devices
- Experience in setting up desktop/server security measures.
- Identify, analyze and resolve computer hardware and software malfunctions and procedural problems.
- Install microcomputers and related peripheral equipment including but not limited to
- disk drives
- memory cards
- network interface cards
- Display drivers and cards
- Troubleshoot variety of computer issues
- Hardware and
- Set up multimedia equipment in conference rooms including computers, LCD projectors, and other equipment as required.
- Assist new users in setting up new applications, installations, problem solving and in performing minor computer repair.
- Offer technical support on-site or via phone or email.
- Setup computer security measures.
- Willing to learn new software and hardware products with and without formal training.