Australia Awards Scholarships – for study commencing in 2019
Applications for Australia Awards Scholarships commencing in January 2019 will open on 1 February 2018 and close 30 April 2018. Information regarding eligibility and the application process will soon be available.
Make a difference with an Australia Awards Scholarship
English language requirements
Do you want to be a leader in your field and make a difference in Nepal? Start preparing for your opportunity to gain a world class education and become an emerging leader for development with strong links to Australia.
Application for Australia Awards Scholarships commencing in January 2019 will open on 1 February 2018 and will close on 30 April 2018, so now is the time to start preparing for your application, including ensuring that you satisfy the necessary English language requirements.
Australia Awards Scholarships in Nepal will be offered to undertake Masters study programs in the priority development sectors of Economic Development, Education, Health, Governance, Gender, Inclusion and Disability, and Water Resource Management.
If you intend to apply for an Australia Awards Scholarship, you are encouraged to complete either an IELTS, TOEFL or PTE language examination will before your application is due.
For Further Information:
For information about Australia Awards Scholarships including English language requirements visit www.australiaawardsnepal.org
Contact the Australia Awards Nepal
What benefits are provided as part of Australia Awards Scholarships?
The Awards are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel – payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment allowance-a once only payment of A$5,000 as a contribution towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP) – a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only) – provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs
- Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar’s academic success or enhance their academic experience