Aasaman Nepal (ASN) with the vision of happy and healthy children is currently working in 15 districts of Nepal, irrespective of geographical location. Dedicated to childrenâ€™s education, health and rights, ASN works in various developmental themes; Health and nutrition, education, child protection, natural resource management, livelihood, and humanitarian response.
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 10 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is implementing the project “Aarambha” supported by People in Need (PIN Nepal), with the financial aid of DFID in Bara and Rauthat district and invites applications from dedicated and qualified Nepali citizens for the following post based in Chandranigahapur, Rautahat of Province 2.
1. Position: Child Protection Officer- 1Nos
Duty Station: Chandranigahapur
- Child Protection Officer will be responsible for reporting and monitoring, responding to all concerns related to child protection and safeguarding.
- Assist staffs involved in the project.
- Update and review child protection and safeguarding policy.
- Recording and acting upon concerns related to child abuse and exploitation.
- Actively representation and participate workshops/meetings
- Act as designated safeguarding officer, when necessary
- Be familiar with child protection concerns of all projects
- Deal with partner organizations and keep the policies in check and in-line with ours.
- Report concerns and abuse to higher authority.
- Networking and partnership building.
- Technical and operational support to program implementation.
- Develop, document and organize information and training material regarding child protection and safeguarding for effective implementation of program and provide recommendations to ASN team and donors for the effective implementation in the field.
Following and Implementing Aasaman Nepal Code of Conduct
- Conduct in a manner that is consistent with the values and principles of the Aasaman Nepal
- Follow the code of conduct of Aasaman Nepal inside and outside the work place.
- Candidate must fully understand and agree to abide by the safeguarding principles with regards to children and adults they come in contact through their work.
- Bachelor’s in Education, social work development studies or related field.
- At least 2 years’ experience in implementing Child Protection and Safeguarding (I/NGO Sector).
- Good communication and staff management skills.
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office Word.
For the above mentioned posts, successful candidates will be appointed for one year with possibility of extension.
Selected candidates must adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s internal policies and procedures, protocols, Code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter indicating the post applied for with a recent photo to [email protected]within 7 days (13th December 2019) from the date of vacancy publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.
ASN reserves the right to qualify/disqualify any applications without any reason.