Nepal Agribusiness Innovation Centre (NABIC) is the country’ first agri-focused business incubator and innovation platform. NABIC’s objective is to support and nurture start-ups and growth-oriented agri-entrepreneurs to reach their full potential. NABIC invites applications from qualified, motivated and dynamic candidates for an upcoming assignment which comprises a major Access to Finance component.
Position: Banking and Finance Expert
Work station: Kathmandu; with some travel within the country
- Master’ Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Commerce, Business Studies, Finance, Economics, Agri-economics, Agribusiness, Public Administration or similar fields; Fully qualified CFA/ Chartered Accountants/ CIMA or ACCA also eligible
- Preferably around 5 years plus experience working in a Financial Institution, chartered accounting or consulting or business services/ advisory firm; relevant experience in Business Planning and loan application review, approval and disbursal processes. Exposure to and understanding of the Micro-finance sector would be useful, but not essential.
- undertake assessment of Nepal’s commercial lending to the agriculture sector from Project perspective;
- formulate strategies and plans for integrating the Project’s Matching Grant (MG) scheme with commercial agriculture lending operations of financial institutions (FIs);
- organise workshops for FIs at central and province levels to obtain support and buy-in for Project offer;
- continuously engage with FIs to forge collaborations – both at central, province and “palika’ (local government) levels;
- provide orientation and training to Project staff and stakeholders on agriculture loan products and features as well as on the loan application, approval and disbursement processes;
- support development of easy to use business planning templates to support the loan application process;
- contribute to Business Planning training courses for agri-entrepreneurs with focus on how to obtain, utilize and repay loans;
- work with colleagues to ensure that a sufficient number of high quality Business Plans and loan applications are prepared and submitted to FIs;
- ensure that Letter of Intent (LoIs) are obtained from FIs in a timely manner;
- work with entrepreneurs, FIs and colleagues to ensure timely loan disbursal once Matching Grants approvals are received;
- work with FIs and Project colleagues to ensure that loan and grant funds are properly utilized;
- advise colleagues on banking and finance related issues;
- coach and mentor agri-clients on banking and finance matters;
- work with project colleagues and FIs for timely servicing of loans;
- pursue opportunities for creating synergies with other related / relevant initiatives;
- support in collection of data and provide inputs for analysis and reporting;
- undertake any other relevant tasks as may be required by Management.
Required competencies and attributes:
- commercial orientation with ability to formulate and assess bankable Business Plans, with strong financial analysis skills;
- good coaching, mentoring and training skills;
- strong communicator with ability to influence diverse stakeholder groups;
- well-developed computing skills.
Women and candidates from disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should submit applications by email to [email protected] with “BFE 2020” in subject line. Applications should consist of:
- Email cover letter with expected monthly remuneration.
- CV of not more than four pages with two professional references.
Last date of application: 10th July 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.