Sneha Care is one of the largest animal welfare charities of Nepal. Established in 2014 by animal advocate Ms. Sneha Shrestha to protect the street and community dogs from torture, cruelty or ill usage of any kind, it have long campaigned to develop the welfare of man’s best friend. We at Sneha’s Care provide professional medical and humane care to injured, sick and abandoned dogs and other street animals in its animal shelter and also in field. We believe that in the actions of individuals, businesses and governments, all forms of animal exploitation including factory farming should not be acted. Sneha Care is continuously campaigning and attempting to introduce animal welfare law in Nepal for improved safeguards for animals and penalties for animal abuse and cruelty. We are also actively spreading animal welfare awareness on national scale and educating the public to be compassionate to all nonhumans
We are looking for :
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Program Manager, the Communications/PR Officer is responsible for developing, coordinating, managing and implementing media blueprints, and corresponding, coordinating and sharing all media relevant messaging with the From and To the Sneha’s Care Activites [ DOG rescues and Shelter Management ].
The Communications Officer is to provide all relevant information on the progress of the Sneha’s Care programs in the form of story, notes, audio-visuals and update on a regular basis for public relation building and communication purposes .
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research, develop, coordinate and share all Snehas Care program related progress details with Sneha’s Care Team as to be able to produce program relevant communication narratives and inform it to Sneha and the Superiors.
- Should be a good writer with great verbal communication skills in English.
- Visit regularly the Animal Shelter and Rescue Centers to collect, prepare and review case and program narratives from the rescue point and also should note every detail information with the photos/videos.
- Responsible for preparing audio visuals as per requirement.
- Communicates with members of radio and television media. Manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- Develop internal publications such as newsletters, press note, releases, email announcements, planned publications, on-line, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Ensure the appropriateness, consistency and quality of case and program narratives and other communication blueprints that are collected, prepared and reviewed prior to communicating to external Media.
- Ensure accurate and rapid information dissemination.
- Manages social media communications. Draft and edit communication materials such as press releases and other corporate communication materials.
- Support all case and program narratives with emotive pictures and visuals.
- Coordinate and respond to media queries in a timely and effective manner.
- Take Calls from the Animal Rescue and take the action immediately based on the situation of the Animals to be Rescued.
- Prepare Progress Report of the Rescue, Status of the Animals and share it with the Team
- Minimum Bachelor degree in communication or journalism or English literature or Equivalent
- Should be dynamic and Rapid, Able to act quick during rescue.
- Management Skills, should be able to handle the documents and guide the team.
Salary : 25000 – 30000
How to Apply
Interested Candidate can send their CV to [email protected]