Aasaman Nepal (ASN) with the vision of happy and healthy children is currently working in 15 districts of Nepal, irrespective of geographical location. Dedicated to childrenâ€™s education, health and rights, ASN works in various developmental themes; Health and nutrition, education, child protection, natural resource management, livelihood, and humanitarian response.
Aasaman Nepal (ASN) ‘A pioneer organization for education and nutrition’, is one of the leading Terai based NGOs led and managed by social activists since its establishment in Dhanusha, Janakpur in 1999. ASN has been engaged in developing and implementing programs aimed at protection, promotion and fulfillment of child rights in Nepal. Currently ASN has been working in 10 districts under 6 Thematic Areas as: Education/Child Protection, Women Empowerment, Livelihood/ Natural Resource Management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Health/ Nutrition and Good Governance.
ASN is implementing the project “Promoting citizens empowerment and inclusive democracy in 2 Municipalities of Rautahat and Saptari District” with financial and technical support from BMZ and Welthungerhilfe (WHH) in Saptari and Rautahat districts in province 2, from 2018 and invites applications from dedicated and qualified Nepali citizens for the following post based in Rautahat district of Province 2.
1. Position: Program Manager
Duty Station: Janakpur
Program development & implementation
1. Overall Project Management:-
- Responsible of overall management to achieve the expected results/outcomes/outputs as stipulated in the project document/s and lead a team at the district level
- Provide strategic direction at the district level for the project and ensure its proper implementation
- Oversee the design and implementation of development projects in coordination with management functions (monitoring and evaluation, publication, media and communication, and training), at the district offices.
- Prepare, compile and submit monthly, trimester, semi-annual and annual progress report, study reports, monitoring reports etc. and submit it to the Head office and Donors as and when required.
- Ensure smooth operation of the project by providing necessary support to the team members of the project at the district level.
- Conduct regular progress update/sharing meetings at the district office.
- Review and assess the activity/project proposals prepared and submitted by the thematic officers at the district and forward to the program manager for the approval process.
- Ensure the goods delivered from district, Janakpur or Kathamandu office and its proper management and use at the project.
- Ensure periodic review of project progress and case story and lessons generated from district offices and support for knowledge management and disseminating information
- Ensure Gender mainstreaming, social inclusion and cross-cutting issues in line with ASN and WHH priorities in project activities
- Ensure the incorporation of Aasaman policy (Zero Tolerance, Child Right, Safe Guarding etc.) in every step on project intervention.
- Develop, document and organize information for effective development and implementation of program.
- Review and evaluate other projects documentation including yearly and quarterly work plans, communication, materials, budget, preparation for meetings and other written materials as directed.
- Ensure all the projects are carried out effectively and efficiently on timely manner.
- Providing strategic directionn for the project and its proper implementation
Documentation, materials development and advocacy
- Prepare training materials and manage training of program according to schedule including adaptation of guideline and curriculum.
- Prepare and collect the reference materials for policy advocacy at different levels (policy making and stakeholder level)
- Follow up the good practices of organization and of projects for institutional learning and value addition.
- Develop training materials of child rights and discrimination and provide recommendations to local education authorities as well as to national level policy makers.
- Handling the resources and material required for the completion of projects.
- Managing all the files and folders required for the effective functioning of projects and programs.
Coordination, linkages and networking
- Effective delivery of the program by establishing and promoting better synchronization and linkages with donors of the program team.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders, Provincial government & local government Offices, NGO’s and partners.
Capacity building and monitoring
- Plan for regular visit to support the staffs and M&E of the program.
- Guiding the staff for the proper implementation of project Output for intended Impact
- Ensure better management of financial resources for efficient delivery of the project activities.
- Systematic monitoring and evaluation of the program.
Planning and reporting
- Responsible for program planning, follow up action, program audit, and donors field visit.
- Preparation of program reports (monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports) in coordination with concerned office staff and stakeholders by facilitating the timely submission as required.
- Provide technical support to administration department.
Technical Support to Finance/Administration Department
- Scrutinize the financial and accounting documents (Bills, receipts, vouchers and supporting documents) for ensuring well managed financial system (taking donors agreement into consideration without undermining organizational system)
- Ensuring the purchases and expenses are made in accordance with the financial, procurement and other relevant provisions of ASN.
- Provide technical support to administration department
- Minimum of Master’s Degree in Social Work, Development Studies or Sociology
- Minimum of 2 years working experience along with knowledge and working experience in Good Governance, covering the significant aspects of the job preferably with NGO Experience
- Sound Knowledge and Experiences in Good governance and Health is more preferred
- Good communication and staff management skills
2. Position: District Coordinator- 1Nos
Duty Station: Rautahat
- Responsible for overall program, admin, human resource and finance management of the district.
- Mobilize field officers, Social Mobilizer and Volunteers to meet the result of program
- Assist to PM in program planning and monitoring.
- Support to prepare monthly and quarterly report of program and finance.
- Guide and capacitate the staff for effective program delivery.
- Ensure proper financial management, VFM and zero tolerance in the program.
- Proper management and monitoring of program in concern area.
- Monthly, quarterly and yearly program reporting to the project manager as well as concerned department
- Make effective Coordination, communication and linkage with district line agencies
- Interlink ASN’s various program to each other.
- Ensure effective and functional coordination and communication between central and district office of Aasaman, among GOs and NGOs at district level for effective and quality program.
- Make conceptual clarity and increase common understanding among stakeholders at all level on principles of Aasaman-Nepal.
- Represent Aasaman-Nepal at district level and conduct in a manner that is consistent with the values of the Aasaman Nepal
- Candidate must fully understand and agree to abide by the safeguarding principles with regards to children and adults they come in contact through their work.
Essential Qualification and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or related field
- Candidate must have knowledge and working experience in Good Governance
- At least 2 years’ experience in program coordination and implementation
- An excellent computer skill on Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Word
- Prior experience in training would be an asset.
Other Attributes for all positions: Excellent quality of work and commitment to high standards, strong communication skills, team building and willingness and motivated for good service delivery with strong networking and interpersonal skills and comfortable to work under stress and emergencies.
For the above mentioned posts, successful candidates will be appointed for one year with possibility of extension.
Selected candidates must adherence to Aasaman Nepal’s internal policies and procedures, protocols, Code of conduct with special attention to Child Protection Policies and Do No Harm approach including funding agency’s policies, guidelines and agreements.
Competent candidates from disadvantaged groups and inhabitants of the project districts will be given priority.
Interested candidates are required to send their CV and cover letter indicating the post applied for with a recent photo to [email protected] within 7 days (13th December 2019) from the date of vacancy publication. Only shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview.