Detailed Job Description / Requirements:
USAID Hamro Samman Project
LOCATION: Kathmandu, Nepal, with frequent travel to 12 districts in central,mid-west and far-west Nepal
REPORTS TO: Administration Officer
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 months
Nepal is a source, transit, and destination country for sex, labor, and organ trafficking. A 2014 report estimates that 230,000 Nepalis are subject to slavery at any given time, and nearly 30 percent of the economically-active population is unemployed or underemployed.1 USAID’s Hamro Samman is a five-year program generously supported by the American people and implemented by Winrock International. It seeks to build the capacity of and facilitate coordination among the GON, civil society, and private sector to combat TIP in Nepal.
The Driver, under the supervision of the Administration Officer (or designate), will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the safe operations of office vehicles, as well as providing support to front office management as and when required. All duties will be carried as per the policies and procedures of Winrock International.
- Safe driving of vehicles at all times, taking precautions as required;
- Update regularly on security procedures in emergency and conflict situations;
- Learn the most direct routes and alternative routes for destinations.
Timely Maintenance of Vehicles
- Recommend any maintenance required to keep the vehicle in good running condition;
- Renew blue books and emission sticker annually;
- Update log books including fuel consumption record.
Office Administration and Logistical Support
- Support procurement
- Support office maintenance and logistics
- Handle photocopy machine and document binding
- Deliver official mails and manage banking
- Pick-up and drop of staffs /visitors from the airport – hotel-office.
- Collect air-tickets and documents as advised by Administration Officer
- Support organization of activities in the field.
Any Other Duties
- Perform any other duties as directed by supervisor, as and when required.
- At least passed to the school level (Grade 8)
- Valid driving license
- Experience driving and maintaining a 4WD and driving to remote districts in Nepal
- Minimum of 4 years demonstrated experience in a related role required
- Mechanic skills or other experience with vehicle maintenance desired
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Computer literate in word processing and excel
- English language skills required
To apply, please submit your application by email, referencing in the subject line “Driver”, to [email protected] on or before June 19, 2018. Your application must include a C.V. Hard copies of applications will not be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Women, people with disabilities and those belonging to discriminated groups are strongly encouraged to apply. All employees should adhere to USAID and Winrock International’s code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in persons provisions covered in the project agreement.