Vacancy Notice No:VN#NP/05/19
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Finance Clerk (MHAC)
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 3
Type of Appointment: One Year Fixed Term with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date : March 10, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the overall supervision of Resource Management Officer and direct supervision of the Senior Finance Assistant in Kathmandu, Nepal, the incumbent will be responsible for providing finance support services to the mission’s activities.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Receive everyday cash from MHAC client and submit to finance department with payment request with identification of country-wise WBS/GL.
- Check cash & credit bills and follow up for the credit bills.
- Keeping record of bills for everyday MHAC transaction.
- Prepare PR/Vouchers including expenses summary with WBS/GL codes for building utilities, security costs, reimbursement from staff such as phone bills and any other bills which is directly submitted to finance.
- Prepare original invoice file ready for VAT refund process.
- Prepare daily cash balance certificate after counting cash every day and submit to Finance department (Main Building).
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting or Commerce from an accredited academic institution with one year of experience;
- High School degree in above field with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Knowledge in cash handling task;
- Familiar with excel spreadsheets, word processing and other computer tools;
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills; detail oriented, committed, efficient and flexible.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources Presents goals as shared interests
- Performance Management – Provides constructive feedback to colleagues Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Professionalism – displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness – displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization – works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to [email protected] by 10 March 2019. Only short listed candidates will be called for interview.
From 25.02.2019 to 10.03.2019