Handicap International Federation (HI) is an independent and impartial aid organization, created in 1982, working across 63 countries. HI works alongside the vulnerable populations, whatever the context, taking action to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. Present in Nepal since 2000, HI works through a network of local partner organizations in the area of health and physical rehabilitation, inclusive education and resilience including emergency response to improve the living conditions and involvement of the most vulnerable populations in Nepal.
HI Nepal invites applications from qualified and competent candidates for the following position:
Disability Inclusive Social Protection (DISP) Specialist – 1 position
Role: The DISP Specialist will be responsible for providing technical support to the Consortium partners in development and implementation of disability inclusive project for ‘Forecast based Action (FbA) and Shock Responsive Social Protection (SRSP)’. This project aims to simulate possible designs of an inclusive FbA and a SRSP system, and identify innovative approaches with the highest potential, including options that might represent an improvement to the existing DRM system and contingency plans at the project targeted municipalities in Province 5 and in Sudur Pachim Province of Nepal.
Terms & Conditions: Fixed Term contract till 31st December 2021
Location: Based in Kathmandu with 50% field travel
- Technical inputs/assistances to the Consortium partners in designing disability inclusive initiatives/activities related to FbA and SRSP;
- Lead in preparation and delivery of training/orientation on disability inclusive social protection (particularly on inclusive SRSP approaches) for the Consortium Partners’ staff, local municipality authorities (Disability Coordination Committees) and DPOs;
- Assist the project team and local municipalities to develop/strengthen local system in extending/increasing the level of disability benefits (by providing extra payments and/or advancing payments in anticipation of disaster) to the vulnerable persons with disabilities, including officially registered for social security allowances (SSA) and those who are not registered or may not be eligible for SSA;
- Facilitate DPOs and DCCs for their meaningful participation to integrate disability in adaptation/development of local disaster and climate resilience plan (LDCRP) and shock responsive contingency plans;
- Support local Government in development of disability inclusive social protection response to the COVID-19 crisis and its aftermaths;
- Expand and sustain HI’s expertise and legitimacy for disability inclusive social protection system by strengthening the NEXUS among the social protection actors.
Qualification and Skills Required:
- Master’s degree preferably in Social Sciences, Rural Development, Management or Disaster risk Management
- At least 4 years of experience of technical support to and/or management of social protection project portfolio
- Demonstrated experience in social protection related studies/research, designing and implement projects;
- Good presentation and facilitation skills
- Good command over written and spoken English language
- Interpersonal skill to build and maintain effective working relations with all stakeholders
- Creative and strong team player with strategic and analytic thinking
- Excellent report writing and documentation skills.
Send a motivation letter mentioning position applied for and expected salary and an updated CV including 2 referees with contact number and e-mail address to [email protected] no later than, 28th May, 2020. HI Nepal reserves the right to cancel, postpone or modify the whole recruitment process without providing any reasons whatsoever.
Handicap International (HI) is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women, people with disability, and members from disadvantaged communities are strongly encouraged to apply.