Job Duration: As per the project
Sudurpaschim Province of Nepal is at high risk of natural disasters, owing to high levels of exposure and vulnerability especially increased risk of landslide and future mega-earthquake disaster, as well as insufficient capacity to manage risks. Similarly, the region is facing serious challenges of deepening poverty and food insecurity, especially among the smallholder farmers due to erratic rainfall leading to droughts, lack of arable land, and the declining capacity of local institutions to effectively provide adequate and quality social services. Consequently, the resilience and coping mechanisms of households continue to be negatively affected by shocks and stresses.
Community Development Forum (CDF) Nepal is implementing a project titled “Strengthening community resilience programme in Sudurpaschim province of Nepal” in Partnership with Caritas Nepal and Caritas Austria. The main goal of the project is to contribute to sustainable livelihood of smallholder farmers through promotion of climate-resilient agriculture in Nepal.
The specific objectives of the project are:
- Communities in project districts have collectively reduced their vulnerabilities to disasters (eg. Earthquake) and improved resilience to climate change
- Environmentally conscious and aware students and school management are prepared to face potential disasters and the impact of climate change.; and
- Institutional systems for DRR established and capacities of local government (Province, District, and Municipality) strengthened
Scope of Services:
CDF Nepal/ Caritas Nepal is looking for a consultant in thematic areas of:
- Agriculture and Livestock Advisory
- Climate Change and Disaster Risk Reduction Education, Climate Change adaptation and Disaster Risk Mitigation
- Climate Change / DRM related Policy and Legislation
- Technical Education and Vocational Training
- Earthquake Safer Construction and Policies Regarding Safer construction Practice
The application should contain:
- Updated CV and Testimonial
- Cover letter with clear identification of primary thematic area of interest and expertise (title of the specific thematic areas above) for which the applicant is applying. If applicable, it is possible to select secondary thematic area(s)
- Copy of citizenship
Qualified candidates are requested to apply via email on not later than 25th July 2021 5:00 PM to [email protected] with Subject Application_Roster of Consultants
Caritas Nepal/ CDF is committed for the Child Protection and Safeguarding. Consultants applying must sign and agree the Child Protection and safeguarding policy if contacted for the further processing.