Location: Kathmandu, Nepal
Department: Human Rights, Education, and Empowerment
Reports To: Chief of Party, Equity and Inclusion in Education in Nepal
Winrock International is recruiting applicants for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) for the anticipated U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) project “Equity and Inclusion in Education” Activity in Nepal. The project will support the Government of Nepal in reducing the number of out of school children and improving learning outcomes for marginalized students. It will provide targeted support to municipalities to implement evidence-based interventions that are driven by the local context in agreed upon provinces. The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) will assist and support the Chief of Party (COP) in technical leadership and management of the project, oversee and provide technical expertise in project planning and implementation; and handle administrative and supervisory responsibilities as specified by the COP. The DCOP will work in coordination with the Winrock home office, including the project technical team and program staff. The DCOP will supervise selected personnel in the project.
Essential responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborate with the COP to provide leadership to the development and maintenance of a comprehensive needs-based strategy for programming in selected provinces in Nepal.
- Collaborate with technical advisors and headquarters-based technical staff to ensure programs are designed according to best practices, project framework, and regulations.
- Manage, implement, and monitor systems, services, staff and budgets to achieve financial, administrative and programmatic goals.
- Provide timely and accurate financial and programmatic reports to Winrock management and donor as required.
- Prepare and monitor approved budgets for the project.
- Provide leadership to technical and program staff, and the grants team to ensure the development of timely, high quality and regulation compliant activity reporting per organization and donor guidelines.
- Provide supportive guidance and supervision to technical and program staff, and managers who are charged to implement programs within the assigned area of expertise.
- Collaborate with operations team and cross functional groups on matters concerning staff development that leverages international staff to mentor local staff, to maintain project accountability and scale in the short term and fast track capacity building for the long term.
- Support performance management and professional development of direct reports, including providing ongoing feedback, coaching, and career support.
- Remain in regular contact with the home office, providing presentations and updates about the project’s progress.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred in education, social science, development studies, or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in education improvement.
- Experience conducting inclusion analyses, designing, and conducting gender and inclusion programming.
- Knowledge of gender and other social inclusion considerations (constraints and opportunities) in education in Nepal
- Significant networks with the main actors in education sector in Nepal.
- Previous experience with USAID-funded programs implementing education improvement and social inclusion approaches and tools.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven experience facilitating communications and coordinating with a wide range of stakeholders and partners
- Strong team management skills is preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in English, with preference to a candidate with Nepali proficiency.
- Ability to travel throughout Nepal (in compliance with Covid-19 restrictions).
Salary: The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits offered
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. Winrock recruits, employs, trains, promotes and compensates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
At Winrock we have a clear mission: Empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity and sustain natural resources through unwavering dedication to accountability, equity, innovation, integrity and transformation.
Winrock knows that its success comes from the hard work and steadfast dedication of its diverse workforce. Winrock remains committed to maintaining diversity, inclusion and equity across the entire organization
For more details and application please follow the below link: