Position: Driver ( Two Positions), GS2, Temporary Appointment (364 days), Janakpur, Nepal ( Vacancy Open for UN Agencies Only)
Job no: 532351
Position type: Temporary Appointment
Department/Office: Janakpur, Nepal
Categories: Support: Operations, G-2
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, support.
UNICEF Janakpur Office was established to represent UNICEF Nepal and implement its program across the districts of province 2 of Nepal. The Drivers position is proposed to maintain optimal capacity for operation of UNICEF program and response to COVID-19 pandemic in changing context.
The How can you make a difference?
The Janakpur Office is looking for the Drivers, at the G-2 level who can provide reliable and safe driving services, demonstrating the highest standards of professionalism, discretion, integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol whilst ensuring compliance with local driving rules and regulations. The Driver demonstrates a client-oriented approach, high sense of responsibility, courtesy, tact and the ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
1. Reliable and safe driving services for staff and officials
• Drives office vehicles for the transport of UN staff, officials, visitors and delivery and collection of mail, documents and other items.
• Meets official personnel and visitors at the airport and may assist with customs formalities and arrangements when required.
2. Maintenance of assigned vehicle
• Ensures vehicle is kept in good running condition at all times through addressing minor repairs, making arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, water levels, and car washing.
3. Documentation of vehicle related information.
• Ensures availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle registration, vehicle logs, office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle; keeps track of insurance and other tax formalities
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
• A secondary education is required, along with a valid driver’s license and knowledge of local driving rules and regulations.
*A first University Degree in a relevant field combined with 2 additional years of professional experience may be accepted in lieu of an Advanced University Degree.
• A minimum of two (2) years of work experience as a driver in an international organization, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record is required.
• Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.
• Fluency in the local language of the duty station as well as proficiency in English is required.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s values of Care, Respect, Integrity, Trust, and Accountability (CRITA).
The Competencies required for this post are (Level 1):
• Builds and maintains partnerships
• Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness
• Drive to achieve results for impact
• Innovates and embraces change
• Manages ambiguity and complexity
• Thinks and acts strategically
• Works collaboratively with others
• Nurtures, leads and manages people
To view our competency framework, please click here.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles and will therefore undergo rigorous reference and background checks. Background checks will include the verification of academic credential(s) and employment history. Selected candidates may be required to provide additional information to conduct a background check.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Last date to apply: 24th June 2020