Organization: Ipas Nepal
Position: Finance and Administrative Associate
Job Location: Kathmandu
The Finance and Administrative Associate position is a core function holding diverse responsibilities in account, administrative and logistics management. S/he performs a variety of official duties, provides efficient and timely action on financial, administrative, and logistic matters such as processing of vouchers and invoices, handling front desk, ticketing, vehicle rental, inventory, warehouse, store keeping and goods dispatch.
Detailed duties and responsibilities for the position include as follows:
• Ensure that all payment to supplier are in accordance with relevant Ipas Nepal’s regulation.
• Assist in administering Ipas Nepal’s petty cash and reimbursement of staff expenses.
• Ensure that cheque books and invoices are well accounted for and are kept in safe and secure custody.
• Ensure required supporting documents of field expenses are received in regular interval.
• Assist during the internal and external audit.
• Ensure effective relationship with the stakeholders and act as a receptionist: answer the telephones in an appropriate, clear and friendly manner, takes and relays messages and forward calls, greets and directs office visitors, receive and sends correspondence.
• Arrange travel logistics for office staff, training participants and consultants including hotel reservation.
• Lead in maintenance of efficient records, storage of office inventory.
• Ensure supply of adequate stocks of stationery and other supplies.
• Provide logistics support for workshops and training’s
• . Provide support to other staff; ensuring administrative information is accurate and up to date.
• Perform office equipment tasks such as making needed arrangement for services of telephone, emails/internet, arrange for repairs of office equipment and vehicle.
• Ensure that all organizational assets are accurately recorded and accounted. Coordinates all administrative and secretarial support service for office.
• Take the charge of office upkeep and smooth functioning of the office utilities.
Qualification and Experiences Requirement:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration, or any other relevant field of study.
• With 2 years or more experience in accounting, logistics and administrative function.
• Demonstrated skill in processing of invoices and vouchers, store and front desk management.
• Excellent computer skills (MS Office, Internet, email and Accounting software preferred)
• Ability to understand and explain financial and administrative policies and procedures.
• Experience in supervising support staff.
• Experience of working in the development sector/ INGO and in challenging work environment.
• Good interpersonal and communication skill. Passion, enthusiasm, and interest in Ipas’s mission, honest and trustworthy, willing to engage and support non-financial and admin activities.
• Flexible to adapt to challenging work environment.
• Has strong written and spoken communications skills in English and Nepali language.
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. We recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy