Responsibilities / Duties
- Design scalable, robust and highly available microservices architectures
- Design optimized database schema for fast read and write operations.
- Build secure Rest Apis that are easy to maintain and are reusable.
- Discuss requirements, prepare designs, develop and deploy the solutions.
- Write Unit tests and maintain good test coverage.
- Code review.
- Optimize existing systems and databases in order to improve performance, usability and scalability.
- Lead a team. Discuss with team members to make technical decisions.
- Work with your direct manager to achieve the company goals and continuously improve services rendered.
- Upgrade proprietary and open source solutions.
- Undertake ongoing research to stay up-to-date with development innovations, trends, and technologies.
- Maintain and contribute to the developer knowledge base (Confluence).
Why join us?
- Social Security Fund (SSF) provided.
- A secure long-term role.
- Paid annual leave and sick leave.
- Paid maternal and parental leaves.
- Accidental and Medical insurance for you and your 2 family members.
- Office sponsored ‘Employee Assistance Program’.
- A 5-day work week except for 1 Sunday of the month (for Learning and Team Building Activities).
- Training and Development budget allocated just for you!
- Office-sponsored daily breakfasts. (when office resumes)
- Recreation room to unwind and chill!
- Parties and events – we want you to have some fun at work!
Work hours: 8:00 am to 4:00 pm including a 1-hour lunch break.
Up for a challenge? Send us your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Career: Lead Software Engineer “, addressing all the essential requirements.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Also note that we are working from home currently due to the Covid-19, and will continue to do so in the coming months.