SSA – ME Officer
Grade: No grade
Contractual Arrangement: Special Services Agreement (SSA)
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months
Job Posting: Apr 6, 2021, 5:31:59 AM
Closing Date: Apr 14, 2021, 3:59:00 PM
Primary Location: Nepal-Kathmandu
Organization: SE_NEP WR Office, Nepal
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
The incumbent will be responsible for providing technical support to Epidemiology and Disease Control Section (EDCD) with focus on carrying out monitoring, evaluation and surveillance for control and elimination of selected neglected tropical disease/vector borne diseases (NTD/VBD) in Nepal.
Essential: Master’s in public health (MPH)
Desirable: Additional training in communicable disease surveillance, monitoring and evaluation.
• At least two years’ experience in public health disease monitoring, evaluation and surveillance.
• Experience in data management and GIS mapping.
• Experience working in the National NTD/VBDs disease surveillance and M&E system.
• Previous experience of conducting desk review research, report writing and supporting field operational research.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
1. Ability to handle work in a timely and accurate manner with tact and discretion, as required.
2. Ability to maintain and update knowledge.
3. Very good interpersonal skills.
4. Ability to generate options, decide, prioritize and execute and multi-task under pressure.
5. Excellent analytical skills, strategic thinking and good judgement.
6. Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, discretion and diplomacy.
7. Ability to effectively work with government, development partners/donors and collaborating agencies.
8. Excellent communication and presentation skills with ability to write in a clear and concise manner and give technical advice and guidance taking into consideration the views of multiple stakeholders and partners in resource-limited contexts.
9. Proven ability to promote consensus, communicate progress and results and solve issues in a proactive manner, while ensuring effective work practices and ethics.
10. Technical expertise: Overall attitude at work are also required mandatory competencies.
Application from qualified female candidates and candidates particularly from disadvantaged and socially excluded groups are strongly encouraged” in additional heading in the VN
Monthly Salary: (Net of tax) NPR 196,102.00 at single rate (taxable as per Nepal Government laws and appointment will be through Special Services Agreement (SSA)).