Position: Operations Assistant
Reference Number: 210044
Position Level: AS 4 [Salary Chart]
Department: South Asia Department
Division: Nepal Resident Mission
Location: Nepal Resident Mission
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 9, 2021
Closing Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2021 11:59 p.m. (2359 Manila Time, 0800 GMT)
Close relatives1 of ADB staff, except spouses of international staff, are not eligible for recruitment and appointment to staff positions. Applicants are expected to disclose if they have any relative/s by consanguinity/blood, by adoption and/or by affinity/marriage presently employed in ADB.
1Close relatives refer to spouse, children, mother, father, brother and sister, niece, nephew, aunt and uncle
Staff on probation are not eligible to apply. Applicants for promotion must have served at their position for at least one year and must have normally served at their personal level for at least two years immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date. Applicants for lateral transfer must have served at their position and personal level for at least one year immediately preceding the date of the vacancy closing date (reference A.O. 2.03, paragraphs 5.8 and 5.9).
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is an international development finance institution headquartered in Manila, Philippines and is composed of 68 members, 49 of which are from the Asia and Pacific region. ADB is committed to achieving a prosperous, inclusive, resilient, and sustainable Asia and the Pacific, while sustaining its efforts to eradicate extreme poverty. ADB combines finance, knowledge, and partnerships to fulfill its expanded vision under its Strategy 2030.
ADB only hires nationals of its 68 members.
The position is assigned in the Nepal Resident Mission (NRM) within the South Asia Department (SARD). SARD is responsible for providing leadership, innovation, lending, project implementation and knowledge sharing for ADB’s sector and thematic work that covers operations in Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. NRM is supporting the Government of Nepal’s development objective of accelerated sustainable and inclusive economic growth
To view ADB Organizational Chart, please click here.
The Operations Assistant will perform administrative support duties., The role requires regular interaction, active coordination, and liaison within NRM, SARD, other ADB departments, as well as externa parties. The incumbent will report to a designated international staff and senior national staff.
a. Communication and Coordination
- Ensures that all correspondence and documents are correctly typed, copied or printed out and submitted on time in compliance with ADB standard.
- Reviews all incoming documents and mail in a timely manner and distribute to concerned staff and/or bring to the attention of supervisors, as necessary.
- Provides efficient reception services such as screening incoming phone calls, taking accurate messages, dealing with queries from internal/external calls and ensures that these are referred in a timely manner to concerned staff.
b. General / Office Administration and Logistics
- Ensures that office filing system and records are properly maintained and updated in accordance with existing framework for easy retrieval.
- Ensures that publication articles selected by NRM officers are properly copied and disseminated to concerned staff.
- Provides logistical assistance to ADB missions.
- Assists in logistic and administrative arrangements related to setting up workshops, seminars and conferences organized by the NRM/HQ.
- Liaises with ADB staff inside and outside the work area, clients, and external stakeholders as required.
- Performs certain standard activities such as maintaining adequate stocks of office supplies or acting as attendance coordinator, as required.
- Relieves other Operations Assistants, as required.
- Others – Performs any other duties as may be required and as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan, such as retrieving files/documents for preparation of reports, undertaking photocopying, and printing tasks, providing data in excel spreadsheets, preparing presentations with consistent formatting and preparing tables and charts for reports, among others
Relevant Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accountancy, commerce, or any other fields.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience; related experience in international agencies will be preferred.
- Ability to manage priorities and workload within general schedule of work, instructions, and standardized practices.
- Proficiency in operating microcomputers and using software packages, for performing word processing, spreadsheets, graphics, and database applications.
- Ability to foresee response and implication of own outputs, and to undertake tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Ability to establish and maintain productive contacts with appropriate officials of host government, donor agencies and executing agencies and others.
- Ability to work with individuals from different cultural/national backgrounds.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills are desirable.
- Please refer to the link for ADB Competency Framework for AS 4-5.
The selected candidate is appointed for an initial term of 3 years.
ADB offers competitive remuneration and a comprehensive benefits package. Actual appointment salary will be based on ADB’s standards and computation, taking into account the selected individual’s qualifications and experience.
ADB seeks to ensure that everyone is treated with respect and given equal opportunities to work in an inclusive environment. ADB encourages all qualified candidates to apply regardless of their racial, ethnic, religious and cultural background, gender, sexual orientation or disabilities. Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that the actual level and salary will be based on qualifications of the selected candidate.