Duty Station: Yuwalaya with frequent travel to project areas
Term: One year with possible extension
Expected date of commencement: Mid July 2021
Working Hours: Sunday to Friday full time with occasional field visits and travel during weekends
Minimum Salary: Rs. 455,000 per annum
- At least bachelor’s degree (preferably in Social Work or any subject of social science)
- Sound knowledge of Nepal’s development sector (in particular pertaining to youth, adolescents and children)
- At least one year in the related field
- English and Nepali language skills (conversation, writing and typing)
- Social media management
- Lead the team in developing operational plans and ensure effective and efficient execution of project/ program activities on time.
- Ensure participatory program planning (AIP, DIP and Project Implementation guideline) and effective mobilization of resources to achieve the high-quality results.
- Coordinate local government authorities, and other non-governmental organizations to create collaborative efforts through regular meetings, interactions, and initiating joint monitoring visits.
- Keep the project information up to date and ensue meeting programmatic and financial compliance. Maintain a professional conduct, while intervening the project activities.
- Regularly review the progress with project team; project timeline/deadline, deliverables, planned project activities and ensure the quality of project activities.
- Provide necessary technical support required to the organization management team.
- Ensure accountability towards government authorities by sharing project target, budget, progress as well as delivery approaches.
- Represent organization at different forums, platform, network and consortium and ensure meaningful participation.
- Prepare and review quality reports (weekly/monthly/quarterly) related to projects, events and as necessary
- Perform other duties as per need and as guided by the organization and the supervisor.
Proposal/Concept Note Development
- Prepare and support executive board to prepare different concepts and proposals to submit to different organisations
- Research and prepare literature and essays for the proposals
- Support in preparing budget plans
Administration and Finance
- Ensure efficient and effective financial management system is in place.
- Ensure financial compliances are met as per the standard set commonly with funding agencies respecting financial policies, guidelines and periodic circulation.
- Ensure all sets of financial reports with enough supporting documents are produced and submitted on a timely manner to the funding agency.
- Ensure that the expenses are approved as per the process.
- Monitor income and expenditure regularly and identify and proactively mitigate potential risks.
- Work closely with finance person in the organization to prepare budget, any amendments and forecasts as per project requirements and timeline in consultation with funding agency.
- Develop a financial monitoring tracker in Excel and update it to enable cross verification of the financial information.
- Make sure entire documents relating to finance have been well stored and documented.
Representation and Coordination
- Represent Yuwalaya at public events, networks, workshops, seminars and programs
- Develop and maintain contact with other likeminded organisations
- Liaise with government offices, donors and local partners
Interested and competent candidates are requested to send their recent CV and cover letter to [email protected] by June 15, 2021 (1 Asar 2078).
Only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained. Candidates form local areas/district, minority community, groups, cast and women are highly encouraged to apply.