Organization: Save the Children
Position: Program Specialist
Number of Vacancies: 1
TEAM/PROGRAMME: HIV and AIDS
LOCATION: National Center for AIDS and STD Control
CONTRACT LENGTH: until March 15, 2021
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reach approximately two million population and invest over 30 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Rights and Governance and Child Protection, Child Poverty, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian.
The Program Specialist will work under the supervision of Sr. Program Manager and work in closely collaboration with focal persons of NCASC for implementing HIV prevention, treatment and care and would support for developing the competency of the NCASC program team with relevant approaches that relate to achieving the care and treatment goals stated in the National HIV Strategic Plan 2016-2021.
The Specialist would also support to build capacity of health care workers by providing HIV related trainings. The Specialist will also have to do supportive monitoring and onsite coaching to Service Delivery Points like HIV testing centers, PMTCT sites, ART centers and OST sites.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Sr. Program Manager- Global Fund Program (based at NCASC)
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
• Provide high quality and intensive technical assistance to the Global Fund led national response to efficiently implement HIV treatment, care and support interventions in the country
• Provide support in implementing prevention, treatment and care of Hep C among Key populations
• Provide leadership in the strengthening the treatment, care and support unit of NCASC
• Coordination and collaboration with Family Welfare Division, WHO, UNAIDS, UNICEF and other stakeholders for elimination Vertical transmission of HIV among children.
• Provide support to develop and update of HIV and Hepatitis related prevention, treatment, care and support related National Guidelines, Protocols, Training Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures
• Provide technical support to develop National Strategy and implementation plan
• Support new funding opportunities, including concept development, technical writing, technical review of new business concepts and proposals
• Assist in developing and maintaining key programmatic partnerships with key national and international technical partners
• Ensure proper quantification, specification and quality assurance of pharmaceuticals and other health products procured
• Work closely with Technical and M&E team based at Save the Children Nepal office to ensure a consolidated program implementation approach
• Assess documents and training needs as well as develop training plan for series of capacity building activities with the health care providers
• Ensure quality delivery of all HIV training activities to be conducted by NCASC, FWD, NPHL, and Provincial and Local level trainings
• Provide on-site technical coaching/mentoring to technical/program staff at service delivery points and to SRs implementing CCC/CHBC programs
• Analyze program data and provide recommendations for effective program planning, implementation and monitoring.
• Any other duties or assignments as requested by the Project Manager – Global Fund, relevant Program Focal Person and Director of NCASC.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
• holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
• holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
• sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
• widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
• future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
• builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
• values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
• approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
• develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
• willing to take disciplined risks.
• honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• Masters in Public Health / any Medical relevant subject.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• At least 7 years’ experience in Public Health at national level
• Experience in HIV program management at national level would be prefarable
• Understanding of the working procedures of the Government as well as of external development partners (EDPs) will be considered a huge advantage
• Experience in coordination and liaison with different partner agencies
• Ability to work in multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work under pressure and perform multitasking
• Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Excellent at Microsoft Word, Excel, Acess, Powerpoint
Additional Job Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety:
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Last date to apply: 11 July 2020