Position: Business and Market Promotion Officer
DCA Nepal have been supporting the development work in Nepal since the 1980s. Currently we focus on the following sectors to improve the life of the most marginalised communities in some of the most remote and vulnerable regions of Nepal, through a rights-based approach. Gender, Social Inclusion and Climate Change are our cross-cutting areas of work:
- Inclusive Citizenship for Accountable Governance
- Resilient Livelihoods and Sustainable Food Security
- Humanitarian Response and Disaster Risk Reduction
DCA is looking for an experienced and motivated Nepali candidate for the position of Business and Market Promotion Officer to be a part of our dynamic Programme Team based at Kailali. You will report to the Programme Manager-Resilient Livelihood and Sustainable Food Security at Nepal Country Office, Kathmandu. You will assist the value chain processes, that will be supported by DCA in Far Western Region of Nepal (Bardiya, Kailali and Kanchanpur) for the anticipated project to be implemented from mid-February 2021.This project will enhance the livelihood opportunities for poor and marginalised households in the selected municipalities of the districts through access to market, food, water and sanitation. The project will support to strengthen the market system of goat, vegetables, poultry and fish for smallholder and marginalised households.
You are responsible to provide technical and strategic support for business planning, market promotion, entrepreneurship development, and value chain development with sub-sector analysis to our partners, cooperatives, producer groups and the entrepreneurs to strengthen the market system in the municipalities.
You will work closely with Programme, MEAL and funding team in the preparation and timely delivery of relevant reports on project implementation status and against outcomes. You will also support the communications team to produce communication materials, testimonies, case studies including success stories about the project. You will support partners to engage with provincial and local government for resource leverage and successful implementation of the project and participate in Palika and provincial level meetings of government , I/NGOs and private sector to build synergy in the project implementation.
Key responsibilities include,
- Provide technical and strategic frameworks on enterprise development, business planning, market promotion and value chain development to partner organizations, producer organizations and enterprises.
- Support partners, producer organizations and entrepreneurs in preparing TORs and memorandum of understandings with the local government and private sector stakeholders.
- Support partners, cooperatives, and enterprises in developing annual plans and budgets, business plans and business performance indicators in the identified value chains and facilitating loan management with financial institutions.
- Capacity building of partners and that of cooperatives and enterprises on market-based livelihood intervention design and business promotion interventions ensuring they achieve the sales, profitability and loan repayments in their business.
- Prepare and submit regular report on project implementation status and outcome of the project.
- Prepare and submit the case stories and success stories of the project.
- Ensure the quality of the data collected by partners and support them in developing log frame and MEAL plan of the project.
- Support partners to engage with provincial and local government for resource leverage and successful implementation of the project.
- Participate in Palika and Provincial level meetings of government, I/NGOS and private sectors to build synergy in the project implementation.
What you bring
- At least have Bachelor’s Degree in economics. business management, agriculture economics, Project Management or relevant course, preferably with a specialization in agriculture and livestock sector market promotion and value-chain development
- Have strong abilities in agricultural markets and value chain development, business planning and promotion techniques; and understanding about market system change.
- Have strong abilities to monitor and facilitates the cooperatives business planning, governance and financial management.
- Have minimum of three years of work experience in Livestock and agriculture markets, value chain development preferably with INGOs.
- Proficiency in professional writing and communication in English
- Fluency in spoken and written Nepali language
- Proficiency in data analysis skills and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good analytical and research skills
- Good command over report writing in English
- Good computer knowledge and applications skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills with knowledge on Project Cycle Management
- Self-motivation, creativity and an ability to perform with less supervision
What we offer
- A one-year renewable contract
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- 4 weeks of paid vacation leave
- Insurance as per DCA Nepal office agreements
- Learning and development opportunities
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of communities DCA is working with in Nepal
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Only applications consisting as a minimum of the below will be considered:
(i) Cover Letter (max 1 page),
(ii) CV (max 3 pages) and
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for application will be midnight Danish time, 24 January 2021.
For further information please visit our website: https://www.danchurchaid.org/where-we-work/nepal
All interested irrespective of age, gender, race, religion or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Your application must consist of a cover letter and a CV.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding policy.
Contact: The Human Resources, [email protected]
Telephone inquiry will not be entertained
Place: Kathmandu , Nepal
Deadline: 24/01 2021
Contact person: HR Manager,