Organization: Catholic Relief Services
CRS is an international NGO based in the United States that works in over 100 countries to promote human development by responding to major emergencies, fighting disease and poverty, and nurturing peaceful and just societies. CRS Nepal implements earthquake recovery and resilience programming in Gorkha and Okhaldhunga districts to provide technical support for reconstruction of earthquake resilient houses, livelihood recovery and WASH. USAID funded additional livelihood technical assistance program in province 3,5,6 and 7. The Housing Recovery and Reconstruction Platform (HRRP) is led by CRS Nepal from March 2017.
The Housing Recovery and Reconstruction Platform (HRRP) was established to support the Government of Nepal and Partner Organisations (POs) with coordination of the post-earthquake housing reconstruction led by the National Reconstruction Authority (NRA). The HRRP is currently led by CRS Nepal and primarily funded by DFID.
CRS Nepal invites applications from interested Nepalese citizens for the following position:
Position: National Coordinator (1 position based in Kathmandu)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Location: Kathmandu
• Minimum of 10 years of work experience in shelter, coordination and recovery and reconstruction with progressive responsibilities, ideally with an international NGO. Experience leading a cluster or recovery platform is preferred. Relevant international working experience in an advisory or management role with progressive responsibilities in programming interventions in disaster response shelter and settlements and leading a cluster or recovery platform is preferred.
• Master’s Degree in Building Construction, Engineering, Architecture, Anthropology, Law, Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Education, or Other Built Environment Professional Accreditation with minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience. Bachelor’s Degree in the above fields with minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience.
• Demonstrated experience working with Government and success to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, and other formal and informal methods. Demonstrated experience in interoperating data, analytics, GIS and guiding information management and communications.
• Deep understanding and application of technical principles and concepts in Housing Recovery and Reconstruction. Good knowledge of related disciplines to ensure proper cross-sectoral approach.
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational and program management skills.
Last date to apply: August 16, 2019
HOW TO APPLY
A detailed job description for the above positions can be obtained by contacting CRS Human Resources Office at [email protected]. Please apply by sending a CV with a cover letter to [email protected] by close of business on August 16, 2019. In the subject line, please indicate the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and reimbursement of lodging and transportation will be provided for the shortlisted candidates who travel from districts outside of Kathmandu Valley for written test and interview.
CRS is an equal opportunity employer committed to a staff composition that reflects the social and ethnic diversity of Nepali Society. Applicants from disadvantage caste, under-represented ethnic groups, persons with disabilities and women are especially encouraged to apply. CRS Nepal provides many benefits for its staff members including staff development opportunities, paid maternity and paternity leave, nursing hours for nursing mothers, per diems for the child of the staff when staff travel out of station on official business etc.
Source: Kantipur Dainik, 28th July 2019