ABOUT CLEAN ENERGY NEPAL
CEN hereby invites applications from suitable and qualified Nepalese professionals for the position of Program Coordinator, to be based in Lalitpur, with travel, as required. This is a full time position.
- CEN mainly works on the themes of air pollution, climate change, clean air and urban mobility. The Program Coordinator is responsible for overall lead in the design, development and implementation of CEN program and projects; primarily represent the Partnerships and Program Development Unit; works in close coordination with all team members and reports to Executive Director.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of CEN projects
- Work in close coordination with all team members and play a facilitation role for proposal writing
- Ensure timely and effective implementation of projects and program in line with the action plan, targets and deadlines
- Prepare proposals, plan of action and donor reports in coordination with other team-members
- Networking and partnership building with likeminded partners and donor agencies to develop new programs in line with CEN’s vision and mission and acquire support
- Facilitate fundraising and resource mobilization processes on the issues that CEN works on
- Review final proposals/ reports before donor submission
- Represent CEN in relevant meetings locally, regionally, nationally and internationally
- Perform any other duties required for the effective functioning of the organization and as assigned by the ED, or any one assigned by the Board.
- Master’s Degree in Environmental Science, Management, Engineering or any other relevant field with four to six years of work experience.
- Sound understanding of climate change, energy and other contemporary environment and devel-opment issues in national and international context including the main actors, challenges, oppor-tunities, strategies and policies
- Proven record of successful project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and man-agement of development projects, their funds, human resources and partners
- Willingness to travel both locally and internationally.
- Excellent communication, presentation, facilitation, reporting and writing skills
- Proven networking and partnership building skills and ability to maintain good relations with di-verse individuals, government agencies and organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and with cultural sensitivity in writing and verbally with a diverse group of CEN members, partners, and the general public.
Interested candidates are requested to submit electronic copy of their updated CV by email along with a cover letter and please indicate in your cover letter your earliest start date and your salary expectations.
Submit your application to [email protected], no later than Sept 24, 2021.
Please write ‘Application for Program Coordinator’ on the subject line of your application. Tele-phone enquiries will not be entertained.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for further screening process. CEN reserves the right to reject any or all applications.
Clean Energy Nepal is an equal opportunity employer. We promote workforce diversity and encourage candidates of diverse background and women to apply.