Organization: Community and Rural Development Society Nepal (CARDSN)
Community and Rural Development Society Nepal (CARDSN) is a non-profit and non-governmental organization working in Nuwakot and Rasuwa districts of Nepal since two decades.
Position: Livelihood Coordinator
Program Name: PURNIMA-HOPE (CDC Nepal and CARDSN consortium)
Reports To: Programme Manager
Staff directly reporting to this position: Livelihood Officer and JTA/SM
Child Safeguarding: The responsibilities of the position may require to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. The Livelihood Coordinator will have to fully follow the norms, process of child protection policy of the Community Development Centre Nepal (CDC Nepal), Bidur Nuwakot and consortium partner, Community and Rural Development Society Nepal (CARDSN).
Job Purpose (Summary of Job) :
The Livelihood Coordinator is expected to provide technical and strategic guidance to the program team and socio-technical support to the target beneficiaries for Social development, housing reconstruction, livelihood and entrepreneurship development initiatives so as to achieve project’s output and make a significant contribution to increase income generation of vulnerable people as recovery support.
The Livelihood Coordinator shall be responsible to ensure capacity enhancement of vulnerable people on improved or sustainable livelihood initiatives. The incumbent should supervise Livelihood Officer, JTA and Social mobilizers to build their capacity, manage team, bring synergy and coordinate to leverage of resources in order to deliver quality of work/outputs. She/he will also be responsible for establishing and maintaining congenial working relationships with the rural municipalities (agriculture, livestock and reconstruction sections), government officials, and other key stakeholders.
Scope of Role:
The scope of this position is to coordinate to implement Purnima-HOPE project activities within the project framework especially livelihood, income generation and enterprises activities. She/he will support to implement the activities in the target areas, establish linkages and coordination with Rural Municipalities.
Job Responsibilities and Main Duties
Planning and Budgeting
• Contribute to project level planning, monitoring, evaluation and budgeting in consultation with Programme Manager and relevant consortium partner.
• Prepare monthly plan and effectively implement the field level agriculture and livestock activities based on seasonal calendar.
• Effectively coordinate with the project team to identify most vulnerable people where agriculture, livestock and irrigation interventions are most needed which could boost up agricultural production and bring positive changes.
• Assess the availability of government agriculture extension services and identify possible agriculture and livestock interventions that could be undertaken by the project.
• Identify and promote most suitable varieties and species of crops and vegetables that adapt better to the local environment.
• Provide technical assistance to the community on how to improve sustainable agriculture practices and increase crop and livestock production and reduce poverty.
• Promote most suitable breeds of livestock and poultry, and fodder species that adapt better to the local environment.
• Contribute to participatory planning from settlement level in coordination with local government.
• Advise farmers/beneficiaries to look for new markets for their products/develop market linkages.
• Help project team for development of proposal and develop new programs.
• Support to conduct assessment using different tools for evidence collection and implement project activities effectively.
• Facilitate to identify needs of the target beneficiaries and implement recovery, livelihood and enterprise development activities in working areas.
• Implement and monitor all activities according to action plan, with particular attention to context monitoring and result monitoring.
• Identify project target groups, facilitate to prepare business plan and other vocational training as per need of vulnerable people.
• Internally coordinate, manage and ensure coherence of all livelihoods-related activities between project team, consortium partners and local government level
• Support and coordinate livelihood staff to deepen data collection and analysis for assessing livelihoods support opportunities in identified areas.
• Document learnings and disseminate in order to build in-house capacity for livelihoods program.
• Support and facilitate appropriate and relevant training and capacity building of Organization’s staff and volunteers involved to support livelihoods activities
• Develop program report, monthly report/updates, case story and other reports as required.
• Prepare periodic, event, training report and submit to line manager
Monitoring and Review
• Work closely with and support line manager in close coordination with Implementing consortium partners
• Conduct regular field visit, monitor of field activities and ensure the quality of work by providing technical support.
• Ensure that vulnerable people’s interests and feedbacks are addressed.
• Support to follow M&E system at field level.
• Ensure that agriculture development strategies and activities are designed and implemented based on sound contextual analysis.
• Participate in intensive monitoring visit along with project team, other stakeholders, donors, etc
• Timely monitoring and reporting to concerned authorities as per project reporting formats.
• Ensure that lessons learnt are well documented and shared among the team and project partners.
• Document, analyze and synthesize findings and produce reports for wider sharing.
• Prepare human interest stories based on outstanding case studies from agriculture development initiatives and prepare success stories, best practices and case study
Coordination, Collaboration and networking
• Support, facilitate, and eventually lead internal livelihoods-related coordination meetings
• Support, facilitate, and eventually lead external livelihoods-related coordination – representing Organization in coordination meetings with key stakeholders.
• Raise awareness of livelihoods concepts and programming options among Organization’s multidisciplinary staff at project areas.
• Assess possibilities of resource sharing with GOs/ NGO’s/RM in local level
• Participate in Rural municipality level & others line agencies meeting and share project’s mandate.
Occasional Significant Duties
• To obey the code of conduct of organization and other relevant policies.
• Ensure use of tools and template at the district as well as community level.
• Make regular field visit to collect and data verification and support to follow M&E system at field level.
• Collect and compile routine data and provide feedback to subordinates.
• Participate in intensive monitoring visit along with project team
• Review of progress report submitted by team members, support to prepare individual field trip report, monthly work plan, collect and maintain file for reference.
• Prepare program update, presentation for sharing during the meeting and workshop.
• Disseminate program related message in different forum and through media in consultation with line manager.
• Carry out other duties assigned by Programme Manager and consortium partner
• Bachelor’s degree (Masters preferred) in Agriculture.
• At least 4 years’ experience (2 years for Masters) in development sectors specializing community development, Livelihood, Agriculture.
Skills, Attitude and Behavior
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to consistently work with a diverse range of stakeholders with tact and diplomacy.
• Skillful in collaborating, networking and negotiating with Government line agencies.
• Unquestioned integrity; demonstrated refusal to resort to unethical shortcuts.
• Strategic thinker; able to guide others to formulate effective strategies and plans.
• Seeking to model the CARDSN’s mission, vision & values
• Proactive and enthusiastic to utilize every opportunity to strengthen CARDSN’s relationships
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Good in English and Nepali written and verbal communications skills.
Decision-Making & Authority
CDC-Nepal in consortium with CARDSN have been implementing the PURNIMA-HOPE consortium project funded by DFID and managed by Mott MacDonald in Uttargaya and Naukunda Rural municipalities of Rasuwa District. The Livelihood Coordinator will act representative of the programme as instructed by Programme Manager
Last date to apply: 10 August 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your updated resume with cover letter by mentioning expected salary to [email protected] or drop your credentials in the below address
Community & Rural Development Society Nepal (CARDSN)
Bidur-4, Battar Nuwakot (In front of Hotel Satanchuli Nuwakot)