Organization: Community Development Center
Community Development Center, Nepal and Community & Rural Development Society, Nepal (CARDSN) have been implementing Purnima-HOPE project in two Gaunpalikas– Naukund and Uttargaya of Rasuwa district. Purnima is a five-year programme funded by UK Department for International Development (DFID) managed by Mott MacDonald with overall objective of a long-term positive change in the lives of people in earthquake-affected district of Nepal. The HOPE project is contributing to the output four of Purnima project-Challenge Fund ‘Leave No-one Behind (LNOB) in the reconstruction effort and to restore and improve livelihoods, food security and access to services for the most vulnerable people: elderly, single women, persons with disabilities (PwD), internally displaced persons (IDP), and food insecure households. The Purnima-HOPE project is designed for two years till December 2020. Purnima-HOPE is going to implement shelter reconstruction project targeting to the most vulnerable groups in the 2 rural municipalities through top up support as per NRA rules and regulations. CDC Nepal is seeking well experienced and capable Shelter Coordinator to implement the project.
Position: Shelter Coordinator/Engineer
Number of Vacancies: 2
DURATION: Through December 2020
Nukunda, RasuwaDistrict- 1
Utargaya, RasuwaDistrict- 1
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The Shelter Coordinator is responsible to undertake day to day operation, implementation and monitoring activities of shelter reconstruction of most vulnerable groups in coordination with ward offices and the respective rural municipality.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Verify the primary data collected in the field, conduct field surveys, field investigations and household surveys in close coordination with Field Coordinator and field technicians.
• Verify the estimation of individual households (quantity and cost estimates) and prepare materials requirement list with specification.
• Identify local materials availability and ensure the use of it to ensure cost effectiveness and new innovation.
• Support for procurement process of materials and ensure the quality of materials.
• Undertake day-to-day operations, implementation, management, and monitoring of shelter reconstruction activities.
• Provide technical guidance and monitoring of field technician for the shelter reconstruction including their capacity building.
• Ensure quality of work and completion of activities within the stipulated timeframe.
• Support project team and coordinate with the municipality and ward office officials and other related stakeholders of shelter reconstruction.
• Coordinate with the communities for field related activities.
• Oversee implementation to ensure quality control and reporting in coordination with the MEAL Manager. Track, document, and monitor project progress.
• Perform other duties as requested by Program Manager.
• Reports to the Program Manager and work in close coordination with Field team/Coordinators.
• Works closely with the Municipality and Purnima field team to ensure smooth and effective implementation of project activities.
• Conduct frequent travel to the field within the project areas as and when required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Good interpersonal skills, both speaking and writing skills in English and Nepali Language.
• Able to work effectively in cross-cultural settings; can support, negotiate, and cooperate with local communities/households.
• Proactively manage workloads and multiple priorities efficiently with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other relevant software skills.
• Most hold valid motorcycle driving license.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in relevant field (Civil Engineering or related)
• At least 2 years of relevant field experience required
• Experience in engineering field surveys, quantity surveys, estimation, infrastructure design, construction supervision and other engineering related works).
• Experience of working with municipality and local communities.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively most vulnerable groups and other stakeholders.
Last date to apply: 22nd March 2020.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified candidates are requested to send their CV with position title, a cover letter and a list of 2 referees, along with their contact information to [email protected]
Please mention the name of position as a subject line. Applications will be received until 22nd March 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for selection process. Mention your Salary expectation on cover letter.
Note : To apply please follow above instructions.