Company: Dolma Advisors Private Limited
Position: Programme Manager
Location : Kathmandu, Nepal
The Programme Manager heads the Nepal operations of a UK charity funding education, promoting ecotourism, and working with other donor organisations in Nepal. It is part of the Dolma Group that includes Dolma Impact Fund and Dolma Himalayan Energy. The role reports directly to the founder and Chairman of the Company, and the Board of Trustees of the Company UK. The Programme Manager leads the Company’s strategy and implementation in Nepal.
The job is full-time based in Kathmandu and the successful candidate will be provided with a competitive monthly salary and other benefits.
· Work directly with Chairman and Trustees to set goals, funding and implementation targets in education, health and ecotourism programmes.
· Grow number of rural children receiving education.
· Grow health-related programmes including community health clinics and disabled children’s homes.
· Grow Dolma Ecotourism’s programme of community-based, remote tourism. This will be including tourism marketing and developing local and international partnerships.
· Apply for and secure grant funding from Nepali and International Foundations and Organisations for expansion of the above.
· Lead general and financial administration with support from administration team.
· Conduct board meetings and draft minutes.
· Contribute to a healthy and respectful working environment, free from hazards or security risks.
· Implement procedures to improve and strengthen internal controls in line with the Company rules and regulations.
· Work with partners and Vendors in Nepal and implement Safeguarding and other related policies in partner institutions.
Qualifications and Requirements
· A university degree in management /social science / planning / tourism or other related fields
· At least four (5) years of related work experience. Experience in NGOs
· Experience in travel and community tourism.
· A very hands on approach to poverty alleviation.
· Experience writing successful grant proposals for local and international organisations.
· Experience as a developmental specialist with substantial knowledge of working with partner organisations, governments, and travel and tourism.
· Relevant experience in developing policy, strategy, framework and planning.
· Advanced liaison skills to communicate effectively with people from a variety of backgrounds.
· Excellent English and Nepali communication skills, verbal and written.
· Willingness to undertake travel within the programme areas.
· Self-motivated, ability to work with minimum supervision.
· A love for Nepal and the development of its people.
Last date to apply: 17th November 2019
HOW TO APPLY
The interested candidate should submit an updated CV and cover letter by email no later than 17th November 2019 to the following email address: [email protected]
Source: Himalayan Times, 6 November 2019