Felm is an internationally active organization established in 1859 and one of the largest Finnish civil society organizations working in global development. Felm’s work aims to promote human dignity and justice around the world. Felm currently works in 30 countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Felm strives for positive and permanent change in developing countries, aiming to help build a world where everyone’s voice is heard, through the realization of human rights. Felm has been working in Nepal since 1977, affiliated as INGO with the SWC as Felm-Nepal 2009.
Position: Communications and Visibility Officer
Felm-Nepal invites applications from qualified, motivated, and reliable Nepali citizens for the position of a part-time (25%) Communications and Visibility Officer for a project funded by EU through the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights (EIDHR).
The project aims at strengthening collective voices of freed Haliya communities in the Sudur Paschim province, women and persons with disabilities and their networks in defending their rights to enjoy their economic, social and cultural rights; and ensuring their meaningful participation and representation in decision making.
Working Location: Felm-Nepal office in Lalitpur, with willingness to travel in remote project areas.
• Communications and Visibility Officer will implement the communication plan of the project, in close cooperation with Felm-Nepal and other project partners
• S/he will be responsible of the project’s communication activities, such as social media content production
• Coordinating production of video documentary, print material production, organising press conferences and events; and reporting on communications throughout the project
• Communications will be targeted mainly to Nepali audiences, emphasizing digital communications channels such as Facebook
Required Qualification and Skills:
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, development studies or other relevant subject
• Work experience in communications, with work experience in non-governmental/development cooperation sector seen as an asset
• Good organizational and content writing skills are essential
• Work with social media communications (e.g. Facebook) and marketing highly desirable
• Excellent command of Nepali and English
Salary, Benefits and Conditions: As per Felm-Nepal policies. The 25% post (10 working hours per week) is for fixed term of three years with 1-year contract, renewable for extra 2 years. The post is subject to approval of a Project Agreement with the Government of Nepal.
Last date to apply: March 31st, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates meeting the requirements are requested to submit their application with CV, salary expectation and contact information of two referees.
Applications from women, Dalit or ethnic minority group members and people with disability are encouraged. All the rights for recruitment are reserved by Felm-Nepal. Enquiries through telephone calls will not be entertained.
Submission of applications and required documents no later than March 31st, 2020 by email to [email protected] Applications are read before the last submission date. Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview