Position: Program Manager
Duty Station: Country Office, Kathmandu with frequent field visit
Report to: Provincial Coordinators
Current Employee: TBS
LWF World Service has been working in Nepal since 1984 with refugees, hosts, displaced and people at risk with socio-economic, climate and disaster vulnerabilities. The Program Manager is based in LWF Country Office, Kathmandu with frequent field visits in project districts.
The program manager shall responsible to lead COVID-19 response project being implemented to support hospitals and local governments including people living with socio-economic vulnerabilities. It is expected that the knowledge, virtue and skill of each staffs will enrich the organizational learning and benefit individual staffs as well as organization. Program Manager shall be responsible for overall program management and for ensuring that program objectives are on track, which will require him/her to work constructively with colleagues, thematic leaders and across LWF Nepal team. The Program Manager shall perform his/her duties within the framework of LWF Nepal’s Country Strategy (CS) and Country Result Framework and its alignment with global strategy.
The Program Manager is expected to ensure LWF Nepal’s consistency and coherence in his/her works, and promotes institutional learning and synergy amongst the LWF Nepal and Implementing Partners. This position will focus on interactions with the target community and implementing partners (IPs) and support for their capacity building and quality accountability of the programs. S/he will report to the thematic Coordinators, Country Office to the respective programs.
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the Global Strategy, Country Strategy, Country Result Frameworks and Project Documents (PDs) of LWF Nepal.
- Familiarize and work in accordance with the Policies, Manuals, Guidelines and Country Annual Targets and Action Plans of LWF Nepal.
- Be familiar with Government policies, plan and directives concerned with humanitarian and development issues related with an anticipated results and objectives of the organization.
- Familiarize with human rights guaranteed by Nepal constitutions, laws and bylaws and international legal instruments (conventions and covenants and guiding principles)
- Familiarize with Department of Foreign and Trade (DFAT)Policies of child safeguarding, prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA), anti-terrorism and other while implementing the project.
- Strictly abide by the LWF Nepal Code of Conduct, Code of Ethics, Child Protection Policy, Complaint Response Mechanism etc.
- Be pro-active in resource mobilization, especially fund raising and proper resource utilization in the Lutheran World Federation Nepal and its provincial sept-ups
- Be free from the political influence of any parties and the political activities
- Be sincere on project agreement between LWF Nepal and Implementing Partnersin regards of project implementation complying all the financial and programmatic compliance of LWF Nepal and its back donor (DFAT).
- Take responsibility of smooth operation of COVID-19 response project in line with partnership agreement between LWF Nepal and DFAT.
- Prepare detail implementation plan (DIP) based on approved annual plan and budget and the framework prescribed by the donors, identify priority for the quarter, prepare and facilitate to prepare monthly plan of self and team members and mobilize/mentor them accordingly
- Conduct quarterly review of the projects in line with approved DIP, project documents and budget and update the status to his/her supervisor and LWF
- Promote/Ensure participatory and bottom-up planning, monitoring and evaluation and ensure involvement of the target communities and IP Board in the project planning, implementation and monitoring processes
- Collect, compile and prepare Semi-annual and Annual reports as mentioned in partnership agreement with all necessary information in line with the specified guidelines and other reports and submit it within the deadline for onward submission to the respective authorities
- Facilitate to work on NEWDEA reporting system of the respective projects of LWF and regular updates on the system
- Provide inputs to ensure effective and efficient utilization of program resources through monitoring and tracking of expenditures against budgets and recommend the status •Ensure compliance of LWF Nepal’s M&E system and contribute documentation of the project
- Maintain good functional coordination/relationship with respective local and provincial governments, hospitals/health institutions, donors, stakeholders and implementing partner in consultation with Provincial Program Managers of both POW and POE
- Take initiative in building capacities of staff of LWF and Implementing Partners to accomplish desired results
- Organize mental health and psychosocial support training to public health personnel massively engaged in COVID-19 treatment and care
Procurement and Asset Management
- Identify the needs of provincial and zonal hospitals, health centers at local governments for supporting them with medical equipment report accordingly
- Liaise with vendors/suppliers; oversee the smooth delivery and distribution of goods/services as per demand/estimate and also guide to collect bills and coordinate for timely payment
- Ensure proper distribution of nutrition kits, dignity kits etc.to people with disabilities (PwDs), single women and other marginalized people
- Ensure in preparing and updating of inventory list of the project assets and its reporting
Fund Raising and Resource Mobilization
- Assess current development needs as per the programmatic themes on an on-going basis and assist in program development to secure funding for new projects based on the lessons learnt from a range of donors
- Contribute to the development of concept notes, logical frameworks, and proposals as needed and suggested
- Establish linkage with potential donors, share ideas and inform to the senior management team members.
- Establish mechanism and motivate implementing partners and community institutions to generate and mobilize resources locally in order to pave path for sustainability.
Human Resource Development and Knowledge Management
- Supervise project staffs, conduct their performance appraisal and provide timely feedback on their performance
- Assess existing capacity of the implementing partners, project staff and design capacity development plan in coordination with LWF Nepal human resource and its execution to meet the capacity needs of the staffs
- Provide technical direction to project staff and partners in the areas of livelihoods, quality services and protection and social cohesion and provide recommendation for improvements according to norms provided by LWF Nepal
- Act on development of communication materials with high quality photos and human interest stories capturing the impact of project activities Coordination and Networking
- Attend LWF Nepal’s forums and meetings as and when required.
- Articulate LWF Nepal’s mandate and contribute to develop and strengthen relationships with potential local partners, stakeholders and communities in order to maintain trust in LWF’s professional standard and quality of work among all stakeholders
- Represent LWF Nepal in the national and district level meetings, workshops, missions and other relevant events.
- Attend government, humanitarian and development partners/forum meetings and advocate to mainstream issues of most vulnerable communities due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Planning, monitoring, documentation and reporting
- Carry out periodic monitoring of field level project activities and interact with target beneficiaries and their institutions
- Maintain project record/database as per donor/support organizations requirement
- Prepare and submit event, weekly and monthly reports following donor/support organizations requirement
- Contribute in preparing quarterly, half-yearly and annual reports following donor/support organizations requirement.
- Plan and coordinate project reviews, evaluations to be conducted internally or externally as required by the project
- Organize and facilitate monthly/quarterly regional program coordination, review and reflection meetings, draw learning and document outcome and impact of the work.
- Facilitate for effective application of complaint response mechanism of LWF Nepal at all levels and encourage rights holders to lodge complaint if they have any grievances and complaints
- Support implementing partners on organizing event based public audits and annual social audit of the project and incorporate the feedbacks and comments received from target groups into further project operation
- Familiarize with LWF Nepal’s policies and procedures like country strategy, country result framework, financial policy, human resource policy, management guidelines, code of conduct, child protection policy, complaint mechanism, accountability framework, workforce diversity policy, gender equality and social inclusion policy, human rights-based approach to development.
- Facilitate donor visits to project sites and prepare fact-sheets with detailed information of the project activities
- Promote environment friendly technologies and comply with the principles of accountability
- Develop culture of participation in the overall inclusion and empowerment process of disadvantaged and vulnerable communities
- Carry out other duties assigned/requested by Supervisors and/or LWF Nepal Management.
Qualifications and experience required:
- Master’s degree in public health, Social Science, Rural Development and other development management studies
- Candidates should have at least three years of relevant experiences of working in response and recovery program/projects Qualification and Experiences
Note: The job description is subject to revision as per the requirement of LWF Nepal.
Please refer to https://nepal.lutheranworld.org/content/announcements-nepal for the Job Description Result oriented Nepalese individual candidates are requested to submit the CV along with the interest letter to Human Resource Department at [email protected] by 11 June 2021
Qualified female candidates and candidates from Dalit, disadvantaged and socially excluded group are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for selection process. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained