Organization: Habitat for Humanity International
Position: Senior Manager – Research and PDMEAL
Number of Vacancies: 1
Date of Announcement: December 2, 2020
Duration: Through December 2022 (Extendable if funding and need permits). However, the employment contract will initially be of one year.
Reports to: National Director
Field Visits: frequent travel to field areas
Location: Habitat Nepal Central Office, Kathmandu
Habitat for Humanity Nepal’s vision is a world where everyone has a decent place to live. Habitat Nepal operates as part of an international network with a common objective of reducing poverty and eliminating substandard housing and homelessness from the world. Habitat Nepal invites applications from highly qualified candidates for the following positions to be fulfilled at Habitat Nepal’s Central Office in Kathmandu.
Core Function of the position:
The Sr. Manager of Research and PDMEAL (Program Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning) is responsible for leading the design and implementation of initiatives that promote learning, well-informed programing, and increased support for Habitat’s mission of a world where everyone has a decent place to live. As a member of Habitat Nepal’s senior leadership team, this new position will work across departments to build greater awareness, capacity and strengthen/develop systems contributing to high quality PDMEAL in support of Habitat’s work.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Build on the existing PDMEAL framework to incorporate appropriate indicators, tools and processes that strengthen Habitat’s Theory of Change.
- Lead research initiatives that contribute to greater understanding and support for the housing and land tenure needs of poor and vulnerable populations in Nepal.
- Facilitate and guide department and project leaders in designing new initiatives and improving existing programs, resulting in greater impact.
- This position requires working with all the departments at Habitat Nepal, implementing partner NGO team, and various organizations/institutions and private sector actors working in the field of housing in Nepal. This position will also require constant communication with Habitat for Humanity International teams.
- Conduct training and build internal capacity in PDMEAL and research methods among Habitat Nepal and partner staff.
- Directly supervise to Senior Coordinator – PDMEAL and GIS
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Proven experience in leading institution-level PDMEAL initiatives within an INGO, international donor, or another type of international organization.
- Demonstrated strong experience designing and managing logical frameworks, TOC, M&E plans, and program evaluations.
- Confirmed on-the-ground experience coordinating consultants and training evaluation teams during data collection, cleaning, validating, triangulation, and reporting activities.
- Proven experience conducting quantitative and qualitative data analysis and interpreting results, and experience using statistical software.
- Successful experience in building institutional capacity and training staff and partner organizations in the implementation of PDMEAL systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Nepali are required, demonstrating sharp critical thinking abilities. Should be able to present examples of documents they have written, such as published research, studies, or presentations.
- Demonstration of superb organization skills, and an attention to detail.
- Strong people management skills; able to work across departments, cultures, and contexts to build consensus and coordinated action.
- A master’s degree in a relevant field is expected.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience required.
- Experience working in low-income housing, housing market systems, or land rights are a plus
Last date to apply: December 16, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with an updated resume and application letter mentioning expected monthly gross salary. Please indicate the position applied in subject of the email and send it by December 16, 2020 addressed to:
Human Resource Department, Habitat for Humanity International, Nepal.
E-mail: [email protected]
to learn more about our work
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. Our intent is to create and maintain a work and life environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
Habitat for Humanity International Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantage communities and local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in recruitment. Habitat for Humanity International Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.