Position: Nutrition Assistant
Number of Vacancies: 6
Job Location: Kapilvastu, Specified cluster area
WHO WE ARE
WHO WE ARE HERD International is a national research organization, dedicated to generate quality evidence using science and technologies and promote evidence-informed policies and practices for sustainable development in health, education, environment and social sectors to improve quality of life. We work closely with government and other stakeholders at local, provincial, and national level including international academic and non-academic partners.
HERD International is conducting a research project ‘Comprehensive Anemia Program and Personalized Therapies (CAPPT)’ in Kapilvastu, which is a non-blinded cluster randomized controlled trial (RCT). The main aim of this research is to address issues of iron deficiency anemia in pregnant women by intervening a home based intervention with tailored iron folic acid (IFA) supplementation and participatory learning and action (PLA) in the community including providing education, counselling and advice about anemia, good food practices and a mechanism of behavior change for barriers women face in improving their health during pregnancy.
Therefore, HERD International is looking for Awadhi speaking Nutrition Assistants with facilitation and counselling skills and good experience in undertaking data collection for the trial. Nutrition Assistant will be entirely involved in intervention arm of the trail. She should work closely with respective coordinator and manager and should complete the task as per defined period/place as mentioned in the contract letter.
In this process, HERD International will also be involved in data collection process for this RCT. With this regard, Nutrition assistants are being sought for a period of quantitative data collection to collect the required data and implement home counselling and PLA related activities for this RCT in Kapilvastu district.
Purpose of the Job Nutrition Assistant will be responsible to carry out the field level Intervention activities. They will be responsible for home based counselling, collection of data related to Hb, MUAC and family practices, delivering tailored dose of IFA tablet, form PLA group and support FCHVs to run PLA group session in assigned clusters of Kapilvastu district using tablets. In addition to this she will be responsible for the field level coordination with health workers of nearby health institution and update on information of IFA tablets and Albendazole distributed.
- Participate in the training on trial intervention, approaches, data collection, methods and tools organized by HERD International
- Responsible for coordination with local government institution, health institution, community stakeholders
- Conduct Home visit activities in assigned intervention clusters after the women are enrolled in trial
- Administer tools and collect valid data periodically following research objectives with pregnant women conducting anthropometric measurement and using hemocue to test hemoglobin level
- Observe and record family practices.
- Deliver tailored dose IFA tablets and tailored Counselling to pregnant women along with their family members about anemia, nutrition and IFA intake
- Maintain the record of Hb and MUAC readings in tablet and paper
- Maintain the record of IFA tablet and albendazole distributed in intervention clusters and update the information to nearest health facility every month.
- Maintain research ethics and Professional ethics throughout the job tenure
- Invite pregnant women and their family members to participate in PLA group
- Train FCHVs on PLA sessions and use of IEC materials.
- Facilitate PLA group sessions following the PLA manual using different IEC materials and role play method.
- Prepare the list of action agreed in various PLA session and plan for the next PLA session in consideration with various stages of PLA.
- Do follow up visit of pregnant women of assigned clusters
- Participate in regular meeting with coordinators to reflect on Previous PLA meeting and planning of next meetings.
- Recording of data and daily submission in server
- Reporting of daily status update and process document
- Support district team as per required in various district and field level activities
- Should strictly adhere to the norms and rules of HERD International during the contract period. Qualification, Experience and Competencies
- PCL in Health Science Stream with minimum 6 months working experience or ANM with minimum 2 year of working experience (Only Female)
- Experience of working in community setting
- Experience of working in digital data collection platform
- Experience of working with blood samples
- Sound knowledge in anthropometric measurement
- Good knowledge in using computer, tablet, email and internet
- Fluent in Awadhi, Hindi and Nepali language
- Good interpersonal and facilitation skills
ABOUT THE POSITION
Duration of Employment: 16 months contract with possibility of extension
Working nature: Full-time assignment
Working hours: 40 hours a week
Duty station: Kapilvastu, Specified cluster area
Supervisor: Intervention Coordinator
Submit your CV and a cover letter along with the duly filled application form to [email protected] mentioning the position that you are applying for in the subject line of the email before 5 PM, 2077/10/15