Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Assistant Manager – Front Officer
Hyatt Regency Kathmandu
Kathmandu District – Kathmandu
Entry Level Manager
Req ID: KAT000479
- Assists in the preparation and updates of the Front Office Departmental Operations Manual.
- Assists to conduct regular communications meetings and ensures that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
- Ensures information on restaurants, hotel facilities and other miscellaneous are updated periodically.
- Submits all guests/employees incident reports.
- Reports and records “Lost and Found” items.
- Ensures that all Front Office employees deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- Ensures that Front Office employees provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
- Assists in greeting and checking-in VIP and Long Stay guests.
- Ensures that all Front Office employees are aware of current promotions, policies and other important information.
- Ensures that all Front Office employees are familiar with the hotel’s products and services.
- Assist to implement consistent guest recognition programmes and maintains a relevant guest history database.
- Handles all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- Personally and frequently verify that guests are receiving the best possible service during check-in and check-out.
- Spends time in Front Office areas to ensure that the area is managed well by the respective team and deliver the brand promise.
- Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions with good working relationships.
- Ensures that guest history records are accurately maintained and all repeat guests are pre-registered.
- Co-ordinates VIP movements with relevant Departments as advised.
- Assists the Front Office Management Team to maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- Focuses attention on improving productivity levels and the need to prudently manage utility/payroll costs within acceptable guidelines ensuring optimum deployment and energy efficiency of all equipment.
- Ensures that hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to money handling are adhered to, including the timely and accurate reporting of information.
- Assists the Front Office Management Team in efficiently managing the department according to the established concept statement providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service at all times
Ensures the strict control of room keys.
- Liaises and organises with Housekeeping Department that the established cleaning schedules for VIP’s in – house and arrivals are strictly adhered to.
- Coordinates all Repair and Maintenance and reports maintenance job orders.
- Understands rate structure and promotional rates available.
- Assists in making sure that all Touches of Hyatt and the Rooms Top 20 have been implemented.
- Responds to the results of the Consumer Audit and ensures that the relevant changes are implemented.
- Ensures that Front Office employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of “We work through Teams”.
- Works closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests.
- Ensures that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
- Assists in the recruitment and selection of all Front Desk employees if appropriate. To follow hotel guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
- Assist the Assistant Front Office Manager to oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Front Desk employees, making sure that they wear the correct uniform and maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the hotel and department’s grooming standards.
- Assist to conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with Regency Club employees, supports them in their professional development goals.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of effective training programmes for all Regency Club employees in coordination with the Departmental Trainers.
- Supports Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings.
- Assist to develop the skills and effectiveness of all Regency Club employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- Assist to prepare and posts weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
- Encourages employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- Supports the implementation of Global People Brand, demonstrating and reinforcing Hyatt’s Values and Culture Characteristics.
- Ensures that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
- Ensures that employees follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- Ensures high standards of personal presentation and grooming.
- Maintains strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitor hotels and other organisations, including tour operators and local travel agents.
- Exercises responsible management and behavior at all times and positively representing the hotel and Hyatt International.
- Responds to changes in the Rooms function as dictated by the industry, company and hotel.
- Reads the hotel’s Employee Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- Attends training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- Carries out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Any other assignment that may deem fit for the position &/or need of organization as may be assigned by Supervisor.
To apply for this job please visit careers.hyatt.com.