Vacancy Notice No: SVN#NP/01/22
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Admin & Operations Assistant
Duty Station: Kathmandu, Nepal
Classification: General Service Staff, Grade 4
Type of Appointment: Special Short Term ,6 months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the general supervision of the Chief of Mission in Kathmandu, Nepal, and the direct supervision of the Senior Operations Assistant and in coordination with the National Procurement and Liaison Officer, the incumbent shall be responsible to carry out duties related to operations movement activities and mission administration. The incumbent’s responsibilities will include the following:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Provide clerical support for all administrative and operational arrangements related to the movements from Nepal, upon receipt of necessary travel documents and booking requests with a particular focus to movements within the country and also to Europe, Australia, New Zealand and United States of America among others.
- Ensure booking requests are acknowledged, and movement request project budget line is verified. Confirm that all self-payer cases costs are prepaid prior to making any travel arrangements.
- Ensure all clients are travel ready, medically cleared and in possession of relevant travel documents, visas and exit permits.
- Assist Senior Operations Assistant in arranging/making bookings in AMADEUS as per “best fare practice” (i.e. using the most convenient routing, the most competitive fares & the availability of the correct booking class.) and as per guidelines outlined in the IOM Movement Management Manual and the HIT – handbook of International Tariffs. Assist Senior Operations Assistant in preparing and submit the Advance Booking Notifications (ABN) and domestic bookings report, as per established movement procedures and request for the relevant Transit Visa waivers.
- Request relevant tickets or PTA (Prepaid Ticket Advice) and create the corresponding Ticket Order Record (TOR) in GATOR (Global Airline Ticket Order Record).
- Update the PF status to depart on the day after departure and forward departure notification to all relevant recipients.
- Forward completed PF file to Post departure team for invoice settlement and file closure.
- Support domestic staff travel bookings and update and maintain relevant Staff travel files to include copies of all approved Travel Authorization (TA).
- Prepare the monthly staff travel report.
- Answer and screen all incoming calls with tact and discretion; assess correspondence prior to referring to appropriate units/staff members in a professional and timely manner.
- Liaise between the IOM main office in Kathmandu, IOM sub-office and to other field visits with regard to dispatch and other logistical arrangements such as transportation of office documents and goods.
- Facilitate conference rooms booking, setting up and organizing meetings.
- Maintain updated distribution lists of staff contacts, in addition to the telephone/address list of internal and external contacts and the Yellow Pages of the mission.
- Manage incoming/outgoing mail, deliveries, fax transmittals; in close coordination with messenger, disseminate to appropriate units/staff members. Dispatch courier packages, ensuring proper cost allocation, recording, and timely payments.
- Assist procurement and logistic teams on collection and distribution of goods, documents, pouch to be sent and received based on the requirement of Mission’s activities; maintain records/files accordingly.
- Attend to office visitors, directing them to appropriate units/staff members.
- Any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities as assigned by the Chief of Mission.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited Institute with at least two years of relevant work experience, or
- Completed High School degree with at least 4 years in relevant work experience.
- Proven experience in the use of Amadeus.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
Fluency in English, Nepali is required.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment. Only Nepali Nationals will be considered for this position.
How to apply:
Interested Candidates are requested to submit their application indicating clearly the position applied, VN number and CV with three references to the following address: Human Resource Department, International Organization for Migration, P.O. Box 25503, Baluwatar, Kathmandu or email to [email protected] by 31 January 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be called for interview.
Closing Date: January 31, 2022