Position: Project Manager
No. of vacancies: 1 (One)
Date of Announcement: June 9, 2021
Duration: Annual Contract (long-term project up to 5 years)
Reports to: Program Operation Manager
Field Visits: Frequent travel to project areas and periodically to Kathmandu office
Core Function: Habitat Nepal seeks an entrepreneurial leader who will be responsible for overseeing implementation of an innovative project focused on promoting safe, affordable, and durable house constructions utilizing treated bamboo in the eastern Terai. This person will need to develop strategies to effectively engage diverse stakeholders including poor and marginalized communities, local NGO partners, government entities, international advisors and donors, civil society organizations, financial institution, and others. S/he will ensure timely delivery of project outcomes through well-organized coordination, frequent negotiations, clear communications and written reports (in English).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee timely implementation of safe, durable bamboo housing project.
- Design and implement communication/education, coordination and netwroking strategies to shape general perceptions towards bamboo and influence use of treated bamboo in housing constructions.
- Liase with appropriate government and private institutions and other actors to promote use of treated bamboo in housing construciton.
- Ensure that project targets are reached as per agreed project objectives and contract with donor and in line with the overall project approaches.
- Identify and assess delays, gaps, and needs with the partners’ teams and ensure adjustments and corrective actions are made to improve the overall quality of the project.
- Together with the Program Operation Manager, maintain and strengthen links with related implementing partners, including donor and Government Authorities.Conduct planned monitoring and evaluation of the project, and produce required reports.
- Manage the following project staff: Market Systems Manager, Project Engineer,
- Cross-functionally coordinate with the following project-related staff: MEAL Sr. Manager, Contruction Quality Manager
- Manage project finances according to budget.and develop future budgets.
- Contributes to concept note development, proposal writing and research related to the project.
- Responsible for designing and facilitating training related to project.
- Coordinate with other program initiatives that intersect with this project.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Entrepreneurial, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Results-driven with highly developed interpersonal skills, excellent oral presentation and written skills in both English and Nepali Language.
- Able to work effectively in cross-cultural settings; can support, negotiate and cooperate with those of other culture.
- Experienced in developing market systems approaches, communications or educational campaigns that have been effective in changing perceptions and practices.
- Proven ability to proactively manage workloads and multiple priorities efficiently and with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher) and other relevant software particularly for data analysis and visualization.
Education Qualification, Professional Experience:
- A University Degree in Communications, Business, Adult Education or related field required. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
- At least 7 years of experience in required field within development sector. Work experience in a managerial role is desired.
- Market systems programming and value chain analysis preferred.
- Good understanding of affordable housing markets and government housing programs in Nepal is desirable
How to Apply: Interested candidates are requested to download the application form
https://habitatnepal.org/career/ (download from this link) and submit the filled application form
along with your updated resume addressed to:
Human Resources Department, Habitat for Humanity International Nepal
Email: [email protected]
The vacancy remains open unless the position is fulfilled.
In accordance with its foundational mission principles, Habitat for Humanity International is committed to the highest ethical standards and opposes all forms of discrimination, exploitation, and abuse. Our intent is to create and maintain a work and life environment that is safe, productive, and respectful for our colleagues and for all we serve.
Habitat for Humanity International Nepal is an equal opportunity organization. Women, persons with disabilities, marginalized and disadvantage communities and local candidates are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps in recruitment. Habitat for Humanity International Nepal reserves the right to accept or reject any applications without assigning any reasons whatsoever.