Mahuli Community Development Center (MCDC) is a non-governmental organization working in Saptari district since 1994. It works for various social developmental activities coordinating with developing partners and government organization. Currently, MCDC is implementing the Welthungerhilfe (WHH) supported project titled “Strengthening municipal-wide WASH governance for social change in Saptari District (NPL1060)” of Province No. 2. Here, we invite applications from interested and qualified Nepali citizens for the following positions: Positions are located in Saptari district and will be based on Project site.
Position: WASH Field Mentor – 1 position
The position is tasked to take a lead in social mobilization activities in the target areas, applying established tools on community organizing, rapport-building and social mobilization of the MCDC. The main function of the position holders, not limited though, to assess the needs for the mobilization, and subject-based social mobilization & effectiveness of the plan and establish effective beneficiary communication and feedback system to evaluate the performance of the activities. S/he will also ensure that activities have been implemented according to the standards and within the framework of the MCDC and WHH program guideline and policies. S/he will lead the community project activities related to drinking water supply, Total sanitation, WASH in institutions, nutrition, and WASH governance in program R/Municipalities of Saptari district and ensure the overall field level project progress. Refer to see the Job Description for more detail requirements of this position.
Qualification and Experiences:
- Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree from the recognized institution with at least 2 years experienced in I/NGOs sector with same job responsibilities or TSLC in Engineering with at least 4years of similar work experience in I/NGOs.
- Experience in working in WASH sector with sound knowledge in survey, able to understand Engineering design, drawings implementations and estimate.
- Having good idea of Auto CAD, Microsoft Office package.
- Good knowledge in documentation, report writing and presentation.
- Knowledge of sanitation movement of Nepal with different type of institutional WASH facilities in terai context.
- Willing to travel every ward of MCDC working palikas
- Interested in working at field level
- Enthusiastic, Tactful and holds excellent interpersonal skills
- Having valid two-wheeler driving license and able to ride a motorcycle in rural environment.
Detail Job Description (JD) can be obtained from www.mcdc.org.np or go through the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pHZRXHxscQctm-eXmGTOF6a2alXzDcAX/view?usp=sharing
Any interested candidate meeting the criteria of above mention’s position requirements, request to send your application with updated CV with two reference to [email protected] or Submit the hard copy of required documents at MCDC Project office; Rajbiraj -6, Saptari by 30th July 2021, 04:00 PM Nepali time. Female and local residence candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for the further selection process. Right to reject and select the application shall remain to the organization.