Company: Ncell Pvt. Ltd.
Ncell is a part of Axiata Group Berhad, one of Asia’s leading telecommunication groups.
At Ncell, we care about our people and their development. Here you will find opportunities for continued education and training. We are working on the process and strategies to empower our people through leadership programs. At Ncell, we are committed to help our people learn, develop & enhance their functional skills, leadership capabilities & personal effectiveness. Our leadership development focuses developing leaders who think before they act and act according to the values that the organization embraces.
At Ncell, we lay much emphasis on our corporate values: Uncompromising Integrity, Exceptional Performance, Customer at Our Heart, Breakthrough Innovation and One Company, One Family. These values are the integral part of our business. We carry out our daily business by keeping these values in mind as we as an organisation strongly stand for it.
Applicants must have the highest ethical standards, strong leadership skills, excellent judgement, a sense of personal initiative and problem solving abilities.
Ncell offers competitive package that is designed to make you feel an integral part of the team and directly involved in the company’s success.
Position: Director – Procurement
Number of Vacancies: 1
Department: Finance and Procurement Department
Duty Station: Current requirement is in Kathmandu but can be placed anywhere in Nepal as per business needs and future requirements.
Purpose of Role:
The Head of Procurement reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer and is responsible to lead the team responsible for providing Sourcing, Logistics and Procurement services /operations to all the business functions of Ncell as well as managing Warehousing operations for Ncell.
The position is the supply management business partner and is responsible for managing all Ncell’s external spend with suppliers, developing effective relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders, leading the sourcing and procurement processes, systems, supply assurance, managing supplier risks and relationships to deliver results across the organization. This includes but is not limited to:
• Procurement strategy development and execution.
• Ensuring compliance of Ncell’s procurement policy and processes in line with Axiata Group Procurement policies, procedures and Delegation of Authority requirements.
• Ensuring effective management of Ncell’s supply chain and logistics.
• Ensuring procurement organizational development and leadership.
• Delivery of KPI’s.
• Alignment of Ncell procurement strategies, policies and systems with Axiata Procurement Centre.
• To support Ncell’s business model, strategies, and financial operating plans.
• Manage the logistics operations of Ncell end-to-end
• Manage both internal and outsourced warehouse operations
• Support the Axiata collective brain initiatives for procurement on behalf of Ncell
The role partners with the Axiata Procurement Centre as well as other Axiata Operating Companies Head of Procurement/Supply Chain Management, to ensure effective alignment, support and information sharing.
This role needs a deep understanding of the mobile telecom environment, the associated supply markets and demand characteristics, Strategic Sourcing, contract requirements and negotiation skills.
There will be considerable interaction with senior management levels of Ncell and Axiata Group. Therefore, the ability to interact effectively and sensitively with key stakeholders and decision makers in a multi-cultural environment is essential.
Main responsibility areas:
• Establish strategic direction and functional leadership to centralized procurement, logistics and warehouse operations of Ncell.
• Ensure compliance of Ncell’ s procurement policy and processes in line with Axiata Group procurement policies, procedures and Delegation of Authority requirements.
• Ensure efficient and effective procurement operations.
• Develop stakeholder relationship.
• Drive procurement performance and transformation by ensuring alignment with regional and global directions.
• Partner with the Axiata Procurement Centre as well as other Axiata Operating Companies Head of Procurement/Supply Chain Management, to ensure effective alignment, support and information sharing.
Collaborate with group procurement to develop and manage medium to long term company procurement strategy.
• Collaborate with group procurement to develop and manage vision and strategies of procurement.
• Provide strategic inputs for overall business strategy and planning with focus to optimize costs and capex.
• Drive procurement plans and sourcing initiatives in alignment with group procurement.
• Ensure clear understanding of supply market dynamics to form sourcing and supply chain strategy.
• Ensure incorporation of internal customer requirements in category strategy plans.
• Review and approve category strategy plans for local key accounts.
• Manage execution of long term capability objectives for the procurement organization.
• Assess impact of local sourcing initiatives.
• Oversee development of long term and short term goals for company procurement function.
• Oversee development and implementation of local purchasing and contract management policies and ensure alignment with regional and global policies.
• Establish appropriate internal reporting system, manage procurement process business risks and internal controls.
• Build cross-enterprise company relationships to ensure internal customer satisfaction.
• Develop relationships with local key vendors / contractors.
• Ensure performance of company procurement organization meets corporate objectives and business requirements.
• Supervise logistics & warehouse team to understand procurement projects execution strategy.
• Oversee finalization of IT requirements to enable more efficient sourcing & procurement.
Provide management support and mentoring to procurement, warehouse, Inventory functions and internal clients.
• Act as point of contact for strategic advice to company business unit stakeholders.
• Lead operations team to ensure service delivery and operational support activities meet timeliness and quality standards.
• Lead and develop negotiation strategies to drive optimal financial outcomes for Ncell.
• Ensure proper evaluation and selection of suppliers/ vendors/ partners.
• Supervise sourcing team to develop or support category strategies and drive initiatives.
• Ensure effective and efficient management of Ncell’s warehouses and inventory – assuring timely supply of goods and equipment to support Ncell’s business requirements whilst managing efficient inventory levels.
• Supervise logistics & warehouse team to analyze logistics spend for better terms from vendors.
• Provide in-depth knowledge and experience in contract negotiations and contract management.
• Participate in key negotiations with large local contractors or vendors.
• Provide inputs to the demand departments and procurement functions to reduce costs.
• Review compliance and ensure global and regional compliance standards are met in all company procurement functions.
Develop and manage operating model for procurement and internal service level agreements.
• Establish / complete to establish, lead and manage Ncell’s procurement function.
• Lead and establish direction and build out To-Be procurement organization by implementing the transformation roadmap.
• Lead procurement functions to develop service agreements with internal clients and ensure the service level agreements are met.
Oversee procurement operations and ensure optimal efficiency of the function.
• Be accountable for the Ncell’s procurement and logistics team’s compliance to Ncell procurement policies and procedures.
• Track and evaluate best practices and benchmarks for procurement organization.
• Review usage of IT systems for efficient transactions.
• Lead reviews of processes employed and identify re-engineering opportunities to enhance efficiencies.
• Foster organization and people development e.g. provide leadership & open communication, and motivate people in developing and sharing procurement competence.
• Ensure set competency standards for all team members, implement training and development plans to close gaps and maintain high level of competency.
• Develop a passionate ownership culture with the skills and capabilities to take responsibility and make decisions.
Your qualification and experience:
• MBA with ME Degree (preferably in Information and communication) from a reputed institute.
• Minimum 12 years of experience of which 8+ years should be in managerial position in multinational/ Telco industry of which preference will be given to those having 10 years of experience procurement leadership roles.
• Ability to establish strategic direction and functional leadership to procurement department.
• Ability to develop stakeholder relationship while managing local key accounts.
• Ability to drive procurement plans and sourcing initiatives in alignment with Group Procurement.
• Able to translate the functional strategy for their function.
• Thinks ahead of the curve, considering both short-term and long-term implications when making a decision.
• Has a robust understanding of the business, industry, externalities (market, regulatory, media, technology, competition, etc.) and changing trends.
• Able to triangulate all data and metrics in order to size up the overall business performance.
• Puts customers first when making a decision and establishes a culture of high customer obsession.
• Encourages and fosters collaboration across functions, levels and borders.
• Committed to getting the job done and takes accountability for the team’s actions and outcomes.
• Develops high-performing teams, keeping future capabilities and business needs in mind.
Priority will be given to Nepalese Citizens.
Last date to apply: 6 October 2020
HOW TO APPLY